Chapter 39 : Therapy

29 votes and 15 comments for next chapter

I stare at Joc in anger as he crosses his arms and smirks at me. "You must think I am joking Julia." Joc says waiting for me to speak. "No I don't think  that. I just think your stupid to think you'll get out of this elevator without a bruise from me." Joc chuckles and I raise my eyebrows.

"So about Corey and you. What's going on?" Joc asks. "Please stop. You're my brother not a therapist." I say rolling my eyes. "Julia for the last time I am not joking. You aren't yourself lately and you've changed more in a day than your lifetime." Joc says. "So answer the question Julia." He says leaning against the wall.

"It's simple, I have been working and he says I don't make time for him. So we broke up." I say.  "Well Julia our job is hard. So we count on the girls we date to make time for us." Joc says. I shake my head and sigh.

"It's always about you guys! What about me? You act like I have never tried to meet him half way. Your job isn't more important than me. You may be on a tv and have fans, but I save people. I'm not saying mine is more important I'm simply saying that my job is also hard." I say. "Corey do you have anything to say?" Joc asks. "She's right. I love what she does and how she makes time to be our trainer and also save people, but I also want to fall asleep besides her and to be able to see her at home instead of her office or at the field." Corey says frowning.

"Even if we could get back together Julia doesn't want to be with me." Corey says. I turn to Corey and he looks down at his feet. "Is that true?" Joc asks turning to me. "We don't have time for each other so why should we date?" I ask. "Julia you were the one who was thinking of dating Christian Yelich again! He lives in Miami!" Joc says. "Unlike Corey and I we actually met halfway to see each other, but it just didn't workout because I was in the army." I say.

Joc and Corey look at me and I look down at my feet. "We aren't going to solve anything." I say shaking my head. "I'll just call Travis to get us out." I say reaching for my phone in my purse. The two stay quiet and I look up at them. "Give me a third chance." Corey says.

"I'm sorry Corey. But every time I do, it all goes bad." I say frowning. Corey walks towards me, "Please Julia, I'll do anything." Corey says. "You are too in love with the game to be in love with me." I say. "What makes you say that?" He asks. "Corey, just think about it. We met on a baseball field, we had our first date at a baseball field, we do everything at a baseball field! I mean I love baseball, but I'd chose you over it any day. The question is, would you?" I ask.

Corey stays quiet and I nod before dialing Travis' phone number. "I have made my point." I say. "I would." Corey says. I turn to him and he smiles nervously. I raise my eyebrows surprised and so does Joc. "You have a week to prove that to me. Starting tomorrow." I say. Corey nods and the elevator begins to work again.

We step out of the elevator and I turn to Joc and punch him in his arm. "Don't ever do that again." I say before beginning to walk to my car. "Does that mean you're coming back to the house?" Joc asks. I turn around to him and shake my head. "Not today." I say before turning back around.