Chapter 40 : Love, Corey

30 votes and 16 comments for next chapter

"Hey Julia you got a package." Jeffrey says knocking on my office door. I nod and stand up to follow him. Jeffrey points to the table and I turn to see roses. Lots of them.

"I'm guessing Corey has a big time crush on you." Jeffrey says chuckling. I blush and make my way to the card on top of one of the roses.

Miss. Julia Pederson,
I would give you the world, but it's too cheap for someone priceless (that's you). The roses are just to tell you that I have two tickets to the opening night game for the LA Kings. I'll pick you up at Clayton's at five.
Love, Corey

I smile and Jeffrey waits for me to explain. "You are in love! I can see it from my office!" Kelly says bursting out of her office. "Woah. Roses, lots of them." Kelly says widening her eyes. Kelly makes her way to me and grabs the card out of my hand.

"You have the feels for Seager!" She says teasing me. "Stop it right now." I say. Kelly smirks and Jeffrey chuckles. "You're in love with the bastard again." Travis says. I turn to him and he smiles. "Good, I like him for you. Even though I feel like tearing his head off sometimes for hurting you." Travis says.

I roll my eyes and they smile at me. "Have fun tonight." Kelly smiles pointing to the card. "I will try my best." I say blushing.

~*~
"Lover boy is here." Ellen says smiling. "Thanks Ellen." I say smiling. Ellen nods and closes the bedroom door.

I grab my purse and phone before walking downstairs. "Hey." Corey says smiling. "Hi." I say smiling. "Are you ready?" He asks. I nod and he stuffs his hands in his pockets. "Um have her back by eleven tonight." Clayton jokes. I roll my eyes and Corey chuckles. "Yes sir." He says.

"You two have fun." Ellen says smiling at us. "I will try my best." I say smiling. Ellen nods and I wave at the couple before leaving with Corey.

"You look beautiful." Corey says admiring my Jonathan Quick jersey and jeans. "This? This is nothing." I say looking down at my outfit. "Really? Because to me you are everything." Corey says smiling. I raise my eyebrows, "No Corey, not me the outfit." I say. "What?" Corey asks confused. "Nothing." I say chuckling. Corey nods and we get inside his car and he drives off.

~*~
When we get to the Staples Center we go straight to a place i've never seen. "Where are we going Corey?" I ask. "Just come on." He says turning around and grabbing my hand. I shake my head and we turn a corner to see about six boys dribbling a soccer ball.

The ball falls and one of the boys groan before stepping out of the circle they formed. "Hey Corey." Jonathan Quick says turning to Corey. "Hey Jonathan, thanks for doing this." Corey says walking over to Jonathan and shaking his hand. "Of course anything for the boys on the Dodgers." Jonathan says smiling. Corey smiles and moves aside for me.