Chapter 53 : There She Goes

30 votes and 20 comments for next chapter I sat in the guest room staring at the curtains that covered the window

I sat in the guest room staring at the curtains that covered the window. I loved him, he loved her. It was a perfect life to wake up to. A knock on the door startles me, but I don't turn to see who it is. "Hey Julia." A female voice speaks. "It's Justine and Mariana." She speaks again. The opposite side of the bed sinks as someone sits down.

"Do you wanna go downstairs with everyone?" One of them asks. I shake my head. "Okay then." One says. "I want to go to the stadium." I say turning my head to the side. "If that's what you want, we can go." I hear the familiar voice of Justine. I nod and point to my luggage filled with clothes. Mariana begins to pick out an outfit. She hands me some jeans, a random dodger shirt, white vans, and a grey jacket. They both leave the room so I can change and I glare down at the shirt. Seager it read on the backside. I slip it on anyway and change quickly as possible so I can leave. I pack some nike shorts, a random dri-fit dodger shirt, and some nikes shoes.

Once I was finished getting dressed Kiké and Joc come into the room to help me get downstairs. "I got her." Joc says as he throws me over his shoulder. "Be careful with her would you?" Justine demands as she notices Joc being carefree. "Joc I'm perfectly fine with walking." I say as he begins to walk downstairs with me over his shoulder. Joc stays quiet and I sigh.

When we reach the bottom stair Joc puts me down and Kiké shakes his head at Joc. "I'll bring the wheelchair just in case." Mariana says. "No leave it." I say. "Julia I really think we should take it." Joc says. "Leave it." I say throwing my bag over my shoulder. "Now can we please go?" I ask. Joc nods and I begin to walk to the Joc's car.

~*~
When we get to the stadium I walk straight to the bathroom to change into the extra clothes I brought. I look at myself in the mirror and tuck my hair behind my ear and frown at the scar that was left behind from the accident. I grab my bag and leave the bathroom to go to the field. Some of the boys were out just talking, including a girl. The girl from the video the boys showed me. She was Britney, Corey's fiancé.

I shake my head and begin to run along the warning track. "Julia what are you doing!" Corey yells as he begins to run to me. I ignore him and keep running. "You shouldn't be running." He says once he catches up to me. "Why do you care?" I ask without looking at him. "Julia just because we aren't dating I'll always care for you." He says. I chuckle and begin to sprint. Corey tries to keep up and I roll my eyes. "What are you doing anyway?" He asks. I stop running and turn to him. "Stop this, stop acting like you care when you really don't. I am tired of getting my heart broken by you and I'm drawing the line. It stops now." I say before running away from him.

"Julia slow down!" Joc yells. "What in the world are you doing?" He asks. "I am running." I say jogging. "Yeah I see that. Why?" He asks. I stop running and look at Joc. "I don't want to work here anymore. I want to go back to the Navy." I say. "What why?" He asks. "I have nothing here. I only have you and Justine. Everyone moved on from me. Corey is gone, I missed the greatest moments of dodger history, I missed you winning the world series, and I can't live with that. I can't live with the fact that every time I come here to train you boys I might see her. It's selfish, but it's what I want." I say.

"You don't just have Justine and I. You have the team. All of us have been waiting for you." Joc says. "And Britney, you gotta get to know her. Maybe she's a really nice girl." Joc suggest. "And that's the thing I'm scared of Joc. She may be nice, but I thought it always be Corey and I in the end." I say shaking my head.

"Yeah well you still have a chance with Corey. He isn't married just yet." Joc says. "Corey is in love with the game. The game of playing Julia Pederson's heart. It's a game for him and he just loves playing it. I'm tired of it. Strike three came his way and let's just say he didn't exactly hit a homerun." I say shaking my head.

"Now if you excuse me I have to talk to Danny." I say before leaving to the clubhouse. I walk passed the small group that surrounds Britney and I instantly shut my eyes close when Clayton calls me over to them.

I turn around and start to walk towards them. "Hey Julia." Clayton says pulling me into a hug. "Hi." I say to him, Kiké, Chase, Justin, Josh, and José. They all smile at me and Corey walks up behind Britney. "Julia this is Britney." Clayton says. "Nice to finally meet you Julia." Britney says shaking my hand. I smile at her, "You too." I say trying so hard not to break. "Corey has told me a lot about you." She says. I chuckle, "I wish I can say the same, but I've been asleep for three years." Britney smiles and grabs Corey's hand. "So will I have to quit my job now for you to come back?" Britney asks smiling. I raise my eyebrow confused and the boys stare at the ground.

"I'm sorry, what?" I ask. "Well I've been the trainer since last year." Britney says. "Well I'm not even sure I want to stay here." I say. "Why not?" Corey asks. "I want to go back to the Navy." I say. The boys stare at me in surprise and I shrug. "Why?" Kiké asks. "I made a sacrifice for my brother so I can be closer to him, I'm not happy here, and now it's time for him to make a sacrifice for me." I say. "Why aren't you happy here?" Britney asks frowning. I stay quiet for awhile and stare at her, "This isn't me this is Joc." I say motioning at the field.

The boys all frown, "Anyway, I have some news to tell everyone, can you begin to gather them up in the clubhouse?" I ask. They nod and begin to go gather the boys who are on the field.

Britney follows me to the clubhouse. "Look, I know about Corey and you. If you feel uncomfortable you can tell me and I'll leave." Britney says. I turn to her and shake my head, "I have to get used to you somehow. Might as well do it now."

~*~
I stood in front of everyone in the clubhouse including the wives or girlfriends of the players. "So what did you want to tell us?" Clayton asks.

"I'm finally back, and I woke up to a lot of new things. Kiké you got married, Rob you had a baby, Clayton your daughter is almost in 1st grade, all of you won a world series, and Corey you have a fiancé. I have missed the most important events in your guys' life. I'm sorry for my stupid driving, and I'm sorry I missed everything. But i'm especially sorry that I won't be here as much as I was before I had my accident. I'm quitting, to go back to the navy." I say.

They all stare at me in shock. "Is there anything we can do to change your mind?" Adrian asks. I shake my head, "Once i'm in shape I'm going to boot camp." I say. "How long will that be?" Kiké asks. "Probably five months." I say. "Well will you at least be coaching us for the remaining of the season?" Yasmani asks. "Sure as long as Danny will let me come back." I say. Danny nods, "Of course kiddo." He says smiling. "You can't stop us from trying to change your mind." Kiké says. "No I can't, but i'm pretty sure you won't be able to." I say.

"Trust me, we will." Someone says. I turn to the voice and find Corey.