Chapter 6 : Liberty

We land in New York and go straight to the hotel to get ready for a meeting. "Julia, can you give me a hand?" Corey asks.

I turn to him to see him struggle with his tie. I chuckle and nod. I quickly tie it before looking down at my outfit.

 I quickly tie it before looking down at my outfit

It wasn't my best, but it wasn't my worst. "Thank you." He says smiling. "Of course." I say slipping on my black vans. "You don't like wearing heels?" Corey asks.

"No, they get uncomfortable." I say smiling. Corey chuckles and turns to the door where Joc walks in.

"Hey." He says collapsing on my bed. "Hi." I say turning to him. "Really Julia? Why don't you just wear heels?" Joc asks. "I don't like them." I say shrugging. "I don't see what there's not to like about them." Joc says putting his shoes on. "It makes girl look pretty." He says smiling.

"That's your opinion, watch." I say turning to the door. "Trayce!" I yell. Trayce walks into the room and stares at me waiting for me to tell him something. "Do heels make girls prettier?" I ask. "No." Trayce says raising an eyebrow. "You only say that because she doesn't wear heels." Joc says.

Trayce blushes and I roll my eyes at Joc. "I think Trayce should be able to state his opinion." I say rolling my eyes. "Whatever, we're late." Joc says standing up. I nod as I laugh making my way down the hallway to the elevator.

I smile as Corey stays besides me making sure I was okay. "You do realize, that I'm probably the most strongest girl you'll ever meet? And I'm pretty sure a boy like Dylan won't break me." I say. "I never said you were weak." Corey says smiling.

"Point made." I say smiling as we step off the elevator.

~*~
After the meeting we all go back to our rooms and change into more casual clothes so we can go out and explore New York.

"Hey Julia, someone's at the door for you." Corey says knocking on my bedroom door. "Okay." I say before walking towards the front door. I open it and see Travis burst in. I widen my eyes and brings me into a hug before picking me up.

I chuckle as he puts me down and smiles brightly. "You won't believe it! They treat me like I'm a good here." He says. "Maybe it's because you have your uniform on." I say laughing. "Good point." He says walking around the room like a wild dog.

"Where's the big brother? Oh and your sister?" Travis says. "Justine is not around anymore and-"

"Hold up your sister passed away? Why didn't you tell me?" Travis says quickly. "No she didn't she just isn't around here. She's on tour dancing. As for Joc he's in the room next door." I say.

"So who was that hunk that opened the door? Huh?" Travis says laying down on the couch. "Corey? He's Joc's teammate." I say joining him on the couch. "Do you like him?" Travis asks sitting up. "No, of course not. He's more of a brother. Like Kiké." I say nodding. "What about Trayce? He's been doing good I hear, and he's good looking." Travis says smirking.

"No, I think we're leaning more to the friend zone." I say nodding. "I swear you're surrounded by hot guys yet you haven't made a move." Travis says placing his hands behind his head. "Maybe because I have a protective brother that will slit their necks if they make a move on me." I say nodding.

"Oh come on, that's what brothers are supposed to say." Travis says rolling his eyes. I smile and turn to Corey who walks in. "You ready?" Corey asks. "Um no actually." I say looking down at my unfinished outfit.

Corey nods and I stand up. "Corey this is one of my friends from the Navy, Travis. Travis this is Corey." I say. They both smile at each other before I run off to my room.

Once I'm done changing I walk out and finally see what Corey's outfit

Once I'm done changing I walk out and finally see what Corey's outfit. He had a plain white shirt, a black windbreaker, jeans, black nikes, and a black and grey vans hat on. As for me I had my green halter neck shirt, boyfriend jeans, and white vans.

"Where are you two going? A date?" Travis asks. "No." Corey and I say at the same time. "We're going off to explore New York." I say smiling. "You could even join us if you want." Corey says.

"I would, but I actually got to pick up the rest of the crew at the corner bar." Travis says standing up. "Okay, I'll see you tomorrow right?" I ask. Travis nods and leans down to kiss my forehead.

"Nice to meet you Corey." Travis says before leaving. "Let's go explore." Corey says smiling. I nod in agreement and we leave the hotel.