Chapter 54 : Stronger Without Him

30 votes and 20 comments for next chapter Today was the Dodger foundation gala

Today was the Dodger foundation gala. This year was different for me. Joc couldn't go with me because he now had a girlfriend, Corey couldn't obviously, and Trayce couldn't go. José Deleon asked me, and I thought about it for awhile then agreed to it.

I was getting dressed with Ellen, Mariana, Kourtney, and Britney. She was part of the girlfriend/wife group now so I didn't have choice if she came or not. Mariana asked if I was comfortable with it and I lied saying I was.

Once I was finished getting dressed I walk downstairs carefully and notice all the girls staring at me

Once I was finished getting dressed I walk downstairs carefully and notice all the girls staring at me. "Julia, you look beautiful." Mariana says smiling ear to ear. I blush, "Thank you." I say before admiring her black halter neck dress. "You all look beautiful." I say looking at all of the girls.

The doorbell rings and Ellen walks to the front door to answer it. When she comes back José, Corey, Clayton, and Kiké are right behind her. "Whoa, ladies looking beautiful." Kiké says. Most of the girls blush and smile, but I shrug. "You look beautiful." José says walking up to me. "Thank you." I say smiling. "You look very handsome." I say admiring his tuxedo. "Thank you." He says smiling.

"You look beautiful babe." I hear Corey say to Britney. José leans towards me I place a hand on his chest. "José I don't like you like that." I say shaking my head. "I agreed to go with you as friends." I say. He chuckles and I raise my eyebrows, "Julia I didn't ask you to go with me because I like you like that. I asked you to go with me so you can make him jealous." José whispers. I shake my head, "If Corey doesn't want me then it's his fault. I'm not gonna do all these things for him when in the end I may not even get him back." I say. "Well its better to try than to just stand around and give up." He says. "He gave up, not me." I say before grabbing his hand. "But I will try." I add.

José smiles and we begin to walk out to the limo the boys got to take all of us to the stadium. "By the way, I'm sure he thinks you look very pretty." José says smiling. "Well, my expectations were not to impress someone." I say. José chuckles and he helps me into the limo.

We were all settled in the limo and it was quiet. "Are you coming home tonight?" Corey asks. Everyone turns their eyes onto us and I glare at Corey. "No." Corey nods, "Why not? You haven't seen the house yet. It's bigger and very nice." Corey says. "I saw it in the video and I don't feel comfortable going there." I say shaking my head. "Not even to visit?" Corey asks. "Corey she said she isn't comfortable." Britney whispers. Jose grab onto my hand and Corey turns to Britney in shock.

"So Julia have you met Joc's girlfriend?" Britney asks. "No, but I'm sure she's great." I say. "Her name is Karen." Kourtney says. I nod not in the mood to speak. Clayton leans over to me and frowns, "Are you okay?" "I just want to get away from him." I say not wanting to even say his name.

~*~
When we get to the stadium Corey tries to help me out, but I move away from his touch quickly. "I'm just trying to help Julia." Corey whispers making sure Britney doesn't hear. "I don't want your help and I sure don't need it." I whisper back as Jose takes my hand so we can walk to the blue carpet. "For someone who still loves him you sure are really bad at showing it." Jose whispers as he places his hand on my lower back. "I didn't agree to go with you to make him jealous, and I'm tired of Corey and his games. I may love him still, but I don't want him." I say.

Jose nods and Corey and Britney walk right behind us on the blue carpet. Some reporters call me over and Jose follows me. "Julia how does it feel like to be back after three years?" One asks. "It feels good, I'm looking forward to seeing how the boys have grown over the years in baseball." I say  smiling. "How does it feel to wake up to Corey dating someone else?" They ask loud enough for Britney and Corey to hear. They both stop and stare at me, waiting for me to answer it. "I love Corey and to see him happy makes me happy." I lie. They all nod and begin writing every word I say. "And today your date is Jose Deleon, right handed pitcher. How is it going so far for you two?" They ask. "It's going really good, Jose is surprisingly good company." I say smiling. "Surprisingly?" Jose asks laughing. I smile and they turn to Jose.

"What made you choose Julia as your date tonight?" They ask. "Well Julia is a wonderful and beautiful girl and girls like that shouldn't be going alone to events like this." Jose says smiling. I blush and the reporters right everything down. "Thank you." They say. We both nod and continue to walk down the blue carpet.

~*~
At the end of the night everyone decided to go to Joc's house to hangout. Jose included. I was debating if I should go and I didn't want to be the negative one. "Come on Julia just go!" Justin says. "Yeah come hangout with us." Ellen says smiling. "Fine." I say smiling. They all cheer and we all start to walk to the limo.

~*~

When we get to the house all of us get out the limo and walk inside. "I should change out of these clothes." I tell Jose. Jose nods and I walk to Joc. "Do you still have any clothes of mine?" I ask. Joc nods and he leads me upstairs and towards a door. When he opens it I expect room, but it was a closet. "I don't have a room?" I ask raising an eyebrow. Joc stay quiet and I look down the hall to see many other doors. "I'm guessing you want me to find out by myself." I say. I begin to open the doors. Bathroom, Joc's room, Trayce's room, bathroom, closet, Britney's room, Corey's room. Wait. Britney's room?

I open the door back up and stare at the photographs of Britney and other friends. "You gave her a room?" I ask. Joc stays quiet. "This is exactly why I didn't want to come back here." I say shaking my head. Joc frowns and I turn away from him as I walk downstairs.

"Julia you okay?" Britney asks. I push passed her and walk towards Jose, "I can't do it. I can't be here." I say quietly. "Why not?" He asks. "Joc gave her a bedroom, and I got a closet. She has everything that I used to have." I say wiping the tear the falls down my cheek. "She has taken my life and made it into hers." I say. Jose pulls me into a hug and all the attention has turned to me. "We can leave if you want." Jose says. "No, I want to make sure that he knows that I'm stronger without him."