Chapter 43 : I'm In Love With You

31 votes and 20 comments for next chapter Corey nods, "And what is it?" Corey asks

Corey nods, "And what is it?" Corey asks. "I'm in love with you still." I say smiling. Corey smiles and brings me into a hug. Corey grabs the small box from my hands and opens it. He smiles down at the ring and takes it out before slipping in onto my ring finger on my left hand.

I smile and Corey looks up at me and kisses me. I smile even wider and Corey chuckles. "It's about time. I missed you in my arms." Corey says. I laugh and the boys begin to whistle and cheer at us. Corey and I pull out of the hug and he grabs ahold of my hand as we begin to walk to the bus.

~*~
When we get to the hotel we begin to sort out the rooms. "Okay Howie, Corey, Chase, and Kiké in one room. Trayce, Justin, Julia, and Joc in another room-" "Wait Corey isn't in our room?" Joc asks interrupting Clayton. "Correct." Clayton says. "Well this will be interesting." Joc says smirking.

"Don't worry you guys are neighbors." Clayton says before turning back to the paper and reading off names. "I'm going to get settled in." I tell Joc. "I'll go with you." Corey says. I nod and grab my bag before making my way to the elevator. "Here." Corey says grabbing my bag from me. "Corey it's fine." I say chuckling. Corey shakes his head and I roll my eyes as we step off the elevator.

"So I have a question." Corey says. "Shoot." I say. "Will you be moving back in the house?" Corey asks. "I'm actually going to be buying a house." I say. Corey raises his eyebrows surprised and I shrug. "I have two jobs Corey they can pay off a house, groceries, cable, and other things. Plus I like my own personal space." I say. Corey frowns and I smile trying to cheer him up.

"You're mad." I say looking for my room number. "I'm not mad." Corey says squeezing my hand. "Why the glare?" I ask stopping at my room number. "I'm just sad that you won't be moving back in." Corey says as I let go of his hand to open the door. I nod and we walk in.

I walk into one of the rooms and lay my stuff down. "Who is gonna sleep on that bed?" Corey asks pointing to the bed next to mine. "Probably Justin or Trayce." I say. "Not Joc?" Corey asks. "Joc is too boring when we share the same room." I say shaking my head. Corey crosses his arms and I laugh. "Corey, i'm just kidding." I say laughing. Corey glares at me and I smile pulling him into a kiss.

"Of course Joc will stay in this room with me." I say smiling. Corey rolls his eyes and I kiss his cheek before sitting down in the bed. "We leave to the field in thirty." I say looking at my watch. "I'm going to change into something else real quick." I say looking down at my dress that I haven't changed out of.

Corey nods and I walk into the bathroom to take a shower and change into a Dodgers hoodie, a Pederson Dodgers shirt, black jeans, and my black nikes.

"Ready?" I ask as I walk out of the bathroom. Corey nods and we both start walking to the lobby.

~*~
When we get to the field we begin to get a pep talk from Dave and Trayce. I zoned out for majority of the talk, but soon got pulled into the conversation by Trayce.

"Let's take Julia for example. She went to Anaheim for a job, but came back. LA is her home and she'd do anything for us. LA is our home and our fans would do anything for us. Why don't we get in the playoffs and win the World Series to repay everyone for cheering for us and doing the unthinkable. This game counts just like the other ones, but this one gets us ahead of the Giants." Trayce says. Everyone claps and he sits down. "Would you like to add anything?" Dave asks. I shake my head and he nods.

"Is that an engagement ring I see?" Dave asks. "Who's the lucky guy?" He adds. Everyone turns to me and I turn bright red. "It isn't-" "You're in engaged!" Joc yells standing up. "No it's not that-" "Corey why didn't you say anything! Congratulations!" Joc says bringing Corey into a hug.

Corey chuckles and Joc smiles at the two of us. "Joc, it's a promise ring." Corey says. Joc looks at the ring on my finger then back at Corey. "Well then why didn't you say so?" Joc asks before walking back to his seat. I roll my eyes and Corey chuckles. "Well Corey is very lucky to have a strong woman like you in his life." Dave says patting my shoulder. "Yes, very lucky." I say nodding agreement. Dave smiles and we all make our way onto the field.

"Where is Justin?" I ask noticing he wasn't on the field. "He should be out here any second." Joc says running onto the field. I nod and begin to watch Kiké run. "So you're heading back home after this series?" Dave asks walking towards me. "No, I'll be staying with you guys until Danny comes back. My friends at work are covering my shifts so I can work with you guys for now." I say. Dave nods, "And how about when Danny comes back? Will you be working at your second job for the same amount of time?"

"Well I work a 48-hour shift and then get 48-hours off so during that 48 hours I can go to the games and help out or watch in the stands." I say shrugging. Dave nods, "Good, speaking of playoffs when we get home we have six games and then we go to playoffs. Our first three games are against Colorado and then Giants. You'll want to be there for the both of them."
"Trust me, I will be there." I say smiling before turning and watching Corey stretching and talking to Kiké.

~*~
After the game we win 4-3 against Colorado. "Hey Julia." Corey says walking up to me. "Hey." I say smiling. "Are you hungry?" Corey asks. I shake my head, "I ate during the game." Corey chuckles and I grab ahold of his hand. "So we're going to Miami." Corey says turning to me. "I know." I say chuckling.

"And what about Christian Yelich?" Corey asks. "What about him?" I ask chuckling. "He likes you of course." Corey says. "Corey why are you worried about him? You act like I would cheat on you." I say shaking my head. "I know you would never do that." Corey says sighing. "I just can't trust him." He adds.

"You're jealous." I say smiling. "That's not it." Corey says. "That's exactly what it is." I say laughing. Corey rolls his eyes and I smile. "You're jealous of Christian Yelich. This is going to be good." I say kissing his cheek and making my way to the bus in the parking lot.

~*~
We won the series against Colorado and we were now on the plane to Miami. I say between Dave and Corey. We were talking about the next few days and other things about life.

"What's wrong?" Dave asks turning to Corey who looks like he's going to throw up. I look out the window and noticing we were about to land in Miami. "Oh no need to worry. He's just jealous of Christian Yelich." I say chuckling. Corey turns to me and glares. "Christian Yelich? The Marlins outfielder?" Dave asks. I nod and Dave chuckles, "Why?" I turn to Corey and smile. "Yes Corey. Why?" I ask.

"Don't start Julia. We haven't even landed yet." Corey says. "Says the one whose getting sick of jealously before we even came face to face with Christian." I say smiling. "You're very lucky that I love you." Corey says fake smiling. "And you're very very luck that I don't love Yelich." I say . Corey smiles and I nod, "Now stop worrying about it. You have a game to play tonight." I say.

Corey brings me close to him and kisses my forehead. "This woman will be the death of me." Corey says turning to Dave. Dave smiles and I look up at Corey and kiss him before looking out of the window to watch as we land.