Cast Announcment

Melina POV:

"We need Melina Cook." A stagehand said walking into the dressing room. I looked in the mirror and fixed my hair. I was wearing a strapless blue dress and my hair was super curly.

"I'm ready!" I smiled.

"Have fun sweetie." Jordyn said.

"See ya on the flip side." Ben laughed.

"Ben, you're not cool." I laughed. I followed the stagehand out to the set and I sat down on the couch.

"Ok Miss Cook. Here's how it's going to work. She is going to do a small introduction about the show and start saying the cast members while their pictures appear on the screen. Then she will announce the leading lady, you, last and invite you on the stage. She will ask you questions about the show and your career, and then it will be done. Until then, you can wait back here." The man said.

"Ok! Thank you so much!" I smiled. I stood up from the couch and went and waited where I was told.

"And we're live in 5...4...3...2..." The camera man said. Ok, just breathe Melina. You've done interviews before. Usually they have me sing a song from the show but, I mean, I haven't learned the songs yet. So this is going to be interesting. She announced the cast starting with the ensemble members and moved up to the higher roles.

"And now, we are going to announce our leading lady, Cassandra Night. This is the role every girl between the ages 12 and 17 wanted. And one lucky girl is having her dreams come true. Please welcome Melina Cook who will be playing Cassandra Night in Rags to Riches!" The lady smiled. Let's go. I smiled and walked to the couch, waving to the camera.I sat down, smiling from ear to ear. "Melina Cook, you were just here a couple weeks ago! Great to have you back!"

"Thanks for having me!" I smiled.

"So how does it feel to be playing Cassandra?" She asked.

"Amazing! I just found out this week! Ben and Jordyn took me out to dinner after a show and told me and I actually screamed in the restaurant." I laughed.

"Well, it's exciting! It's the biggest role on Broadway for a teen right now and everybody wants to play her! So, how are you going to balance Bonnie and Clyde?" She asked.

"Well, I have my last show on Friday and then I start rehearsals for Rags to Riches that following Monday." I said.

"Busy girl! So you are a broadway star, your parents are both broadway stars, and your mom is a movie star. Do you ever get to just be a normal kid?" She asked.

"Yeah! I mean, when I'm backstage I feel like a normal kid, a kid who is just doing what she loves. I have to do chores, I get grounded, I go to a real school, I go to high school parties, I get to do all these things normal kids do but I also get to include doing things like going to the Tony's and the Grammys." I said.

"Ok, now I want to play a little game with you. I'm going to name a character you've played and I want you to sing a song that character sings." She said.

"Oh gosh, ok." I laughed.

"Matilda." She said.

"Just because you find that life's not fair it, doesn't mean that you just have to grin and bear it!" I sang.

"Cosette!" She laughed.