Cooks Breaking Down

Melina POV:

I tightened Lucas' tie and looked up into his eyes. He's terrified.

"It's ok to be scared." I said grabbing his hand.

"I'm not scared." He said. Lie. The eyes don't lie.

"You know, when I was younger I used to be able to read everybody's eyes. Could tell you exactly what they were feeling." He looked at me confused like I was bluffing. "It's true!" I laughed.

"So what made it stop?" he asked.

"The shooting." I whispered. This is the first time I've talked about it to anybody. I think the same thing happened to Carmen because she hasn't brought it up either. I moved my hand up to his cheek and gently held his face. "But right now, I can see everything your eyes are saying."

"And what are they saying?"

"Your father...did he hurt you?" I asked. He tried to look away but I moved his face back towards me. "He did. And you've never talked about it." I was taken back by this. Does anybody else know?

"Ok that's enough." Lucas said pushing my hand down from his cheek.

"There's so much pain." I said before he turned away from me and rubbed his eyes. "Lucas-" I started but he cut me off.

"I don't want to talk about it ok?" He replied harshly.

"But-"

"Drop it Melina!" he said refusing to look at me. "I have to go find Kinsley." He left me standing alone in his room, trying to process everything. I fell backwards into the bed as I started to feel extremely lightheaded. Breathing suddenly felt difficult and I could feel my body shaking, but it didn't even feel like it was my body. I felt something wet hit my leg which is when I realized I was crying. Breathe Melina. Just breathe. Breathe dammit!

Jordyn POV:

"Hold still!" I laughed trying to finish doing Timmy's tie.

"I've hated ties since I was younger J, nothing's changed." Timmy laughed.  "What if they see right through me Jordyn?"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"His parents. What if they see through my facade and I ruin the whole thing. Maybe I should just stay in my room."

"Timothy, stop." I said placing my hands on his shoulders. "You are a part of this crazy family. Besides, if anybody's gonna break it will be Parker." I winked.

"I didn't kill that guy Jordyn." Timmy said.

"I know." I smiled. "And we're going to prove it."

"I'm scared Jordyn."

"Don't be, I've got this all under control. Everything's going to be perfectly fine." Lie. "Now go do your hair, it still looks like prison hair." I joked. He smiled and ran off while I made my way to my bathroom. I closed the door behind me and slowly slid down the wall, my head falling to my knees and wrapping my arms around my legs. I held on tight. I can't handle all of this. Breathing felt harder as all the walls caved in. Stop it Jordyn! Today isn't about you. It's about Lucas. And Timmy. Don't be a distraction, just get yourself together. After what felt like an eternity I was finally able to stand up with shaky legs. I looked in the mirror and saw the makeup all down my face. Well shit. Breathe Jordyn, fix yourself. They will be here in a few minutes.

Ben POV:

"Maddie please! Just work with me!" I groaned.

"No." she said crossing her arms.