Family Meeting

Melina POV:

"Are you sure this is safe?" Carmen asked as we stood at the top of the stairs.

"She's wearing a helmet!" I said defensively.

"WE'RE READY DOWN HERE!" Lucas screamed from the bottom of the stairs.

"Ok Maddie, it's go time." I said hitting the top of Nate's football helmet she was wearing. She was sitting on Ben's skateboard wrapped up in bungee cords to keep her on there and was about to go down the ramp we made out of cardboard we found in the storage room. At the bottom was a trampoline that would bounce her right into the massive pile of pillows. Plus Lucas, Nate, Aaron, and Carter were all at the bottom to catch her in case anything went wrong. Completely safe. "3...2..." I started getting ready to push her.

"What the hell are you doing!" Ben screamed as the elevator doors opened and he ran in with Parker right behind him.

"Umm science experiment?" I smiled still holding on to Maddie.

"Sick!" Parker smiled. He dropped the bags and ran over to the bottom of the stairs. "She's safe Ben, she's wearing a helmet!"

"The helmet was my idea." Lucas said proudly.

"Melina Jasmine let go of your sister!" Ben said.

"You got it." I said. I took my hands off of her and she instantly started flying down the cardboard. She let out screams of laughter as Ben watched completely in shock.

"THIS IS AWESOME!" Maddie screamed as she continued to speed down the stairs. The skateboard flew onto the trampoline and bounced her high into the air where she landed right on the pillows as we had planned.

"THAT WAS SICK!" Nate laughed running over to her to help get her untangled from the cords.

"Melina! You could've killed her!" Ben said.

"But Ben, you have to admit that was pretty sick." Parker laughed.

"Are you ok Maddie?" Ben asked her.

"I feel great!" she squealed, the helmet making her look like a bobble head.

"Me next!" Parker said pulling the helmet off of her and putting it on his own head.

"Oh come on Dad, it was harmless." I said crossing my arms.

"You give me a headache." Ben said.

"And that's why you love me!" I smiled.

"In Melina's defense, Maddie enjoyed it." Lucas said.

"You hush." Ben laughed putting his hand over Lucas' face and pushing him backwards. "Take all of this down before your mom gets home."

"But Ben! I didn't get a turn!" Parker whined.

"Alright fine, take it all down after Parker and I take a turn." Ben said.

"Mr. Cook! You're gonna take a turn too?" Aaron laughed.

"Well I mean, if it's there I might as well." Ben shrugged.

"LET'S GO!" Parker screamed running up to the top of the stairs.

"Uncle Parker, make sure your helmet is on right!" Maddie said helping him adjust it.

"Just so you know Parker, I am not catching you if you fall." Lucas laughed.

"You're too weak to catch me!" Parker said.

"Am not! I've been working out in the gym with a trainer!" Lucas protested.

"Yeah and yet you still couldn't pick that TV up off of the boxes in the storage room." I laughed.