Growing Up Frat

Carmen POV:

"Ew you guys look like a family." I heard Melina say. I slowly opened my eyes to see her and Lucas standing at the side of my bed looking down at us.

"What's up?" I asked rubbing my eyes. I looked over and Maddie was still dead asleep cuddled up to Nate. His eyes started to open and he hit me with a soft smile as soon as he saw me.

"Good morning beautiful." Nate said, his voice raspy from just waking up.

"I would high five you for staying the night with a girl but considering there's a child between you two I'm guessing no action happened." Lucas shrugged.

"Your mind really only thinks about one thing doesn't it you creep." I said rolling my eyes.

"It kills me to end this incredibly cute moment but dude if you don't come into my room and act like you slept there, we are going to have quite an interesting morning here." Lucas said.

"He's right. Ben and the uncles would lose their minds." I said looking over at him on the pillow next to me. I don't want this moment to end, but I also don't want Nate to be killed.

"Come on, you can help me decide where to hang the lovely picture I got of Melina's mugshot." Lucas laughed.

"I hate you so much." Melina said punching his arm.

"Hey, meet me in the kitchen in a little bit ok?" I said to Nate.

"Of course." Nate smiled. I slowly pulled Maddie off of him and let her head fall onto my chest. "I love you." He kissed my forehead and stood up to leave.

"I love you too." I smiled and he left with Lucas.

"Oh so we're using the L word now?" Melina smirked.

"You are so not getting out of talking about last night." I said.

"Is it ok to say I'm not ready yet?" Melina asked.

"Come here." I said and she jumped into my bed cuddling on the other side of Maddie. "I love you Mel."

"Oh so I get the L word too?" Melina laughed.

"You know you got the part? In Evan Hansen?" I asked her.

"Yeah sure I did, because how would you know that before me."

"Because I actually attend family meetings unlike somebody." I joked. "You're going to be Zoe."

"Can I be honest with you Car? I don't know if I can do it. I can't stand there and pretend like everything between you and Jason didn't happen. He hurt me so much. And I know I hurt him too. But I don't know if I'm ready to fix that bridge yet."

"He was here yesterday looking for you. He said you were thinking about turning down the role of Zoe because of him. Are you stupid? You would seriously turn down one of your dream roles because of some dumb boy?" I asked her.

"Well when you say it like that I really do sound stupid." Melina laughed. There was a quiet knock on the door and the door slowly opened to reveal Jordyn peeking her head in.

"Hey mom!" I whispered motioning towards Maddie who was still asleep.

"Mind if I join?" she asked quietly. I looked over at Melina.

"I think it's exactly what I need right now." Melina said. Jordyn's face lit up and she ran over and cuddled up beside Melina. "Our family really is a total mess." she laughed.

"I told her about Evan Hansen." I told Jordyn.

"And what do you think?" Jordyn asked.

"I think I need to talk to Jason." Melina said.