Ben's Permission

Sky POV:

"You know, it's pretty brave what you did today." I said to Carmen as we walked around the city eating ice cream.

"Thanks Sky, and thanks for getting me out of the house. There's just...a lot going on there." Carmen replied.

"Yeah I get that, sometimes you just need an escape from everything."

"Speaking of escaping, why haven't we seen Lollie recently? Seems like you've been trying to escape her." Carmen said. Of course she would notice that. How does she notice everything.

"Yeah, we are having some issues." I said looking down.

"Wanna talk about it?" She asked.

"Not really honestly." I said. She grabbed my hand in hers and squeezed it tight.

"It's ok, seems like we both just need to escape life." Carmen laughed.

"Yeah no kidding." I added.

"Can I ask you some questions though? You can feel free to say no." Carmen said.

"Go ahead kid, shoot." I said as we sat down at a picnic bench.

"Melina has told me about it, but what happened with you and Jordyn?" She asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked as I took another bite of my ice cream.

"Back when you guys were touring Newsies together. All of you. You liked Jordyn. And Melina said she liked you back at some point. But you two never happened. I'm just curious." She said. This is a throwback.

"Yeah I liked her, but she loved Ben. And I never wanted to get in the way of that. Jordyn is one of the most amazing girls I have ever met, and that still holds true to this day. But we just wouldn't have worked as a couple anyways. And besides, her and Ben are meant to be together. It's practically written in the stars. No matter how many times they broke up, they never stopped loving each other. Jordyn never liked me back, she was confused. She loved Ben, she always has. And never in my life would I have wished that any differently." I explained.

"How could you just watch the girl you are in love with love somebody else?" Carmen asked.

"Well see, that's the thing. When you love somebody, you care more about how they feel. And it turned out I loved her a sister and nothing more." I told her. "Why the questions?"

"I'm honestly just trying to understand love. I've never exactly had an example of love in my life, in any shape or form."

"Well Ben and Jordyn are the best example of love there is kid." I smiled.

"But what about you and Lollie? Is that not love?" She asked.

"You ask a lot of questions. Just like Melina always has." I laughed.

"I'm sorry, I'll stop."

"It's ok, I don't mind. I just don't have all the answers you're looking for." I put some ice cream on my spoon and wiped some off it on her nose. She screamed and started laughing.

"You know, you're my favorite Uncle. Don't tell Josh though." she laughed.

"I won't, as long as you don't say anything to them about Lollie."

"Deal!"

Ben POV:

"It's been 2 days since the incident. She's gonna find out what happened." Jordyn said as we sat in the hospital waiting room. We've been keeping her and Carmen off of all social media and electronics and so has Jason's parents.