Jail Aftermath

Carmen POV:

"So that's what you think of us Ben. That we are just a crazy mess that you are stuck dealing with." I said standing at the top of the stairs holding Maddie in my arms. She came into my room crying after I heard Ben snap at her.

"Carmen, nows not the time." Ben said pressing his fingers against his temples.

"Well I'm sorry we are such an inconvenience for you. Everything Melina said was true though. You two really don't pay attention to us anymore. And that's on you. Ever think Melina acts like this just to try and get your attention? Because it seems like the only time you acknowledge is her when you're yelling at her. Maybe try spending time with your daughters again." I turned around and went back to my bedroom, taking Maddie with me.

"Damn." Nate said sitting on my bed when we got back in there.

"Nate!" Maddie smiled and jumped down from my arms, running over and sitting on his lap. Lucas had gone to Melina's room to check on her so it was just the two of us now.

"Jordyn left. She was crying. I don't think it's good." I said. I laid down on my bed next to him and he fell backwards pulling Maddie down with him as she laughed. "I don't want to be alone tonight."

"I won't let that happen. I'm right here." Nate smiled. "I love you Carmen." A smile quickly crept onto my face as my heart completely exploded.

"You've never said that to me before." I said quietly smiling.

"Well it's true. I love you Carmen Cook. With every ounce of my being. From the first day I saw you I knew it." he smiled.

"I love you too. Does this mean we're dating now?"

"If you'll let me date you." Nate smirked.

"SHE WILL!" Maddie screamed laughing.

"You need to be in bed!" I laughed grabbing her off of Nate as she squealed.

"Can I sleep with you?" Maddie asked.

"Of course. Let's lie down." She squirmed her way under the covers and I got up to turn the light off. Nate got into bed and laid on the other side of her and within minutes she was asleep. Nate reached his hand across her and placed it on my waist.

"I love you Carmen." Nate whispered.

"I love you too."

Jordyn POV:

"I'm sorry I just don't know where else to go." I said as I bundled up under blankets holding my cup of hot coco close. "I mean everybody that I would talk to is in that house and I just needed to get out of there. And away from Ben. He's just so angry right now."

"It's ok. I understand." Jake said sitting down on the couch across from me.

"I'm really sorry to come here so late." I said.

"No worries, I was up anyways." Jake laughed. "So Melina seriously got arrested? I just can't believe that. My old Matilda...damn."

"Oh yeah, she's been going off the rails recently. I don't even know who she is. And I think it's partially my fault. I haven't been there for her like I should. I'm failing as a mom." I said.

"Hey don't say that. Parenting is hard. I mean I'm struggling enough with Dalton and he's just a baby." Jake laughed.

"How's he doing?" I asked.

"Good, still trying to get him to sleep through the night. Anna is up there asleep with him right now." Jake said.

"Enjoy these times. All they do is grow up and end up in jail apparently." I laughed.