Burn

Melina POV:

"Ok I can explain." I told Jordyn and Ben defensively.

"Explain why you sent your brother and 3 random boys off to SOLVE A MURDER WE TOLD YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM?" Jordyn freaked.

"Yes, that." I said.

"Alright I sent the other boys home, her brother Damian is still here though." Josh said walking into the room. "And Parker is still passed out on the floor in the kitchen."

"Melina you've got 30 seconds to explain. Go." Ben said.

"Ok so you see my brother Damon ran into me a few weeks ago and we started talking and I know his past and he was the perfect person to solve it. And then the other boys I met one day and they also know some sketchy people so I thought the 4 of them combined would be able to fix it and solve it because I couldn't just sit back and watch Timmy be in jail and-" I spit my words out quickly.

"Time." Ben said.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"Don't be sorry, they cleared my name." Timmy beamed walking into the room.

"What!?!" We all freaked.

"They couldn't tell me how because you know...deniability....but they figured out who it was, sent an anonymous tip to the police, and they arrested him right before they came here. I got the call, I'm a free man." he was excited like a little kid on Christmas.

"So does this mean I'm not in trouble?" I asked.

"To be discussed later." Ben said glaring at me.

"Listen, this is all I can take for one day. Everybody go to bed and we will regroup in the morning." Jordyn said.

"What about her brother?" Josh asked.

"Just tell Leo to give him a room in the hotel for the night. Charge it to my card." Jordyn said obviously done.

"Mom I'm really sorry." I said.

"It's ok Melina, I really just need to sleep." Jordyn said grabbing me in a hug.

"I think we all do." Ben said. Everybody else headed up to bed and I started up the stairs behind them but then paused. I ran back down the stairs and saw Damian about to get into the elevator.

"Damian wait!" I said rushing over to him.

"Am I not good enough for your new family to know about? They had no idea about me." I remember that tone in his voice, he's pissed.

"I just hadn't gotten around to it, a lot has been happening in this house." I said getting defensive.

"Yeah whatever Melina. I get it. You're rich now, daughter of 'America's sweetheart' you ain't got time for your real family anymore."

"My real family? Do you not remember the hell I went through growing up? The only person who was nice to me was Alex." I started to raise my voice.

"We ALL went through hell Melina! And you're the only one that got out of it. Spoiled with everything you could possibly dream of because these people buy you anything and everything. Enjoy your new life princess while the rest of us are stuck living in hell." he said pushing the button so the elevator doors opened again and getting in.

"Damian that's not fair." I said holding the doors opened.

"FUCK OFF MELINA! Gosh how did you manage to get even more annoying than when you were 10?"

"You call yourself my 'real family' but that is so far from the truth. The people in this house are my real family. The people who actually love me and support me and don't treat me like some burden they got stuck with! You're the first sibling I've even heard from since I left, and that's only because you saw me on the street and recognized me." Suddenly it hit me, like I just ran into a brick wall. "You knew exactly who my parents were, didnt you. You knew about everything, and you knew they had money. Was that what this was all about Damian? Did you think you could just play nice to me for a few weeks and then you could have the life I have? It was never about me, was it." he looked down at the ground in silence. Oh my gosh.