Merry Christmas

Ben POV:

"MERRY CHRISTMAS DADDY!" Maddie screamed as she jumped on top of me, waking me up. I don't even remember falling asleep, it was such a long night.

"Merry Christmas baby girl!" I smiled kissing her cheek while I rubbed my eyes.

"Look daddy Santa came!" She smiled. Sure enough, a small Christmas tree had been set up in the corner with presents scattered all around it.

"Santa did a pretty good job didn't he dad." Melina smirked at me as I stood up to look.

"Yeah, Santa's pretty amazing." I smiled grabbing her in a side hug.

"Should we wake mom up too?" Melina asked. I looked over at Jordyn and she was asleep in the hospital bed with Peyton.

"Let's let her sleep, she needs it." I said and kissed the top of Melina's head.

"Santa left me a note! Can you read it for me daddy?" Maddie asked hanging me a piece of paper.

"Dear Maddison Emma Cook, I cant thank you enough for this amazing gift you left me! I love it so much! I hope you have an amazing year and I hope to see you on the nice list again next Christmas!" Ben read.

"Wow that's a pretty amazing note Santa left." Josh smiled walking into the room. I'm going to take a wild guess and say he wrote it.

"Everybody else still asleep?" I asked.

"Yeah, they'll probably wake up soon. How is he?" Josh asked.

"Well they got his fever to drop back down to 104, but they don't know how the seizure affected him. It could cause long lasting difficulties. We just need to pray he won't have another one and that his fever will continue to go down." I explained.

"Why don't you open your gifts from Santa Maddie!" Melina said walking away from our conversation. I know this was hard for her and she was scared, I'm proud of her for being strong for her sister though. I looked over at the bed to see Jordyn waking up and I ran over next to her.

"Merry Christmas babe." I whispered kissing her forehead.

"Merry Christmas!" She smiled with a cute sleepy smile.

"Those hospital chairs are really not comfortable to sleep in." Parker said walking in while massaging the back of his neck.

"You know what else isn't comfortable, Parker kicking your chair the whole night." Lucas said.

"You should've moved chairs." Josh said.

"I DID. YET SOMEHOW I STILL WOKE UP WITH HIM IN THE CHAIR NEXT TO ME EVERYTIME." Lucas freaked.

"Well Merry Christmas to you guys too." I laughed.

"Lucas you came back!" Jordyn smiled.

"Of course Jordyn, you know I'm always here for you guys." Lucas smiled.

"Good morning everybody! And merry Christmas!" Our doctor smiled walking in.

"Santa came!" Maddie smiled to the doctor holding up her gifts.

"I see that! And how is the little guy doing?" he asked walking over to exam Peyton. His fever was down to only 102 which was a good sign, but that means we are still stuck here.

"So is he going to be ok?" I asked.

"I think he should make a full recovery." The doctor smiled. Everybody in the room breathed a sigh of relief.

"Do we know what caused it yet?" I asked.

"His body temperature just kept increasing. When it got too hot, that's what caused the seizure. We are going to need to keep him here for a few days to make sure his body temperature stays down."