The Party

Carmen POV:

"So, you live here?" I asked looking around.

"Yep, born and raised right here in this house. And I'm not kidding about the born part, my mom decided to have an in house birth...so literally born and raised here." Lucas laughed.

"This is a lot bigger than my penthouse, and a lot bigger than the foster home I used to live in." I said in awe of everything.

"Foster home? So you and Melina are adopted?" he asked.

"Yeah, it's actually a really crazy story. My family is kind of a mess." I said.

"Nobody's family is perfect." he laughed looking around.

"Are the parties always like this?" I asked.

"Let's just say, we know how to have fun." He smirked.

"As great as this house tour has been, I really think I need to go find Melina. She can get a little....crazy sometimes." I laughed.

"Yeah of course, I'll help you find her. There's a lot of people here so it might be hard." He said. It wasn't hard. We went down the stairs and Melina was standing on a table in the middle of everybody dancing, holding a glass of champagne up in the air.

"Oh gosh." I said. Please nobody be taking pictures. "I have to get her down and sober her up." I pushed my way through the crowd and finally made it to the table Melina was at. "Gimme a hand?" I asked Lucas. I grabbed his hand in mine and he helped me step up onto the table.

"CAR!" She screamed grabbing me in a hug.

"Melina what are you doing?" I asked her.

"Having fun! You should try it sometime!" She laughed.

"Melina what if somebody takes pictures of you." I told her.

"None of these kids are gonna risk having pictures taken of them, they all have reputations to uphold just like us. We are safe here, come on! Let loose a little!" She laughed. I looked around and she was right, nobody was even on their phones. Nobody here cares that we are from the Cook family because most of the kids here also have parents with big names. Maybe this school won't be so bad after all...

"So can I offer you a drink?" Lucas screamed up to me. I looked at him and smiled, it's about time I let myself have some fun.

Jordyn POV:

"I think hiring a nanny might have been the best parenting decision we've made." I smiled sitting down on the couch next to Ben, handing him a beer and sipping on my red wine.

"Oh she's got wine tonight? How classy!" Ben laughed at me.

"Oh shut up, I can still beat you in beer chugging." I laughed.

"Oh are we having a movie night?" Josh asked running down the stairs.

"Ummm yeah WE are." Ben said motioning between the two of us.

"PLUS ME NOW!" he said jumping onto the couch between the two of us.

"Josh my wine!" I said to him as it almost spilled all over me.

"Since when do you drink wine at home? Jordyn Lively has always been a beer girl!" Josh said grabbing the wine out of my hand.

"I was trying something new! I'm almost 30, thought it would be time to become more of an 'adult' ya know?" I said.

"Disgusting." Josh said.

"Josh, we really need to get you in a relationship." I laughed taking my wine back.