Uncle Sky

Melina POV:

"Melina wait!" Jason said chasing after me as I ran out of the building following my audition.

"Nope. Nope. I can't do this right now." I said. I pushed the doors open to have the sun hitting my face, the little bit of warmth we can get in these cold months. Of course he followed me but I went straight towards Ben who turned around noticing me finally.

"Hey it's Jason!" Ben smiled seeing him behind me. His expression changed from excitement to shock. "Oh shit it's Jason."

"Lets go Dad." I said pushing past him.

"Melina please!" Jason pleaded.

"Somebody want to explain what's going on?" Ben asked still not moving.

"Wanna take a wild guess who the new Evan Hansen is?" I asked turning around and motioning towards Jason.

"Did not see that one coming." Ben said with his eyes wide.

"Can I just talk to you please?" Jason pleased.

"I'll go wait in the car." Ben said and ran off. I crossed my arms and looked away from Jason. Is he really not even going to start talking? It's just the two of us.

"You've got me alone, why aren't you saying anything?" I asked impatient.

"You did an amazing job in there, they would be stupid not to give you the role." Jason said.

"Oh cool so I will have to be on stage and fall in love with you every night? Just what I wanted." I said rolling my eyes.

"Wait a second Melina, you're the one that kissed Lucas while we were dating!"

"And you fucking kissed my identical twin sister!"

"At least I didn't cheat!" Jason protested. I shook my head in anger and bit my bottom lip trying to hold back my anger while a smile crept onto my face.

"You know what J, fuck you." I could faintly hear cameras clicking and I turned around to see a bunch of paparazzi hiding in a bush. "Shit." I said.

"Come here." Jason said ripping his sweatshirt off and handing it to me.

"I don't want your help." I said pushing it away.

"Fine then stay out here and let the pap get you." I rolled my eyes and reluctantly grabbed the sweatshirt out of his hand. I threw it on and he put his hand on my back ushering me inside. We turned the corner and hid behind a wall, away from the windows where they can't see us. We sat there in silence for a little while which gave me some time to calm down. A little bit. "So...you're the new Evan Hansen..." I said as we sat there.

"Yeah, it's pretty crazy. Who would've guessed." He sat across from me in the hallway, both of not really making long eye contact with each other.

"As surprised as I am, I'm also not surprised at all. You're insanely talented it was only a matter of time before the world realized it."

"That means a lot coming from the little broadway star herself." Jason said with a small laugh. "The second I saw your name on that list today I knew none of the other girls even stood a shot. I mean come on, you've achieved more at your age than any other kid on broadway."

"None of that means anything. I don't think I can do this role. Not playing opposite you." I said standing up. I'm sure the paparazzi is gone by now. Or I can at least find a back door to sneak out of.

"Mel you can't be serious, you're going to turn down the role because of me?"

"I don't know yet ok! This is a lot to process! Besides i don't even have the role yet!" I saw a door at the end of a hallway, perfect. "I'm gonna go, thanks for the help." I turned and ran before he could say anything else and quickly jumped into the car with Ben.