The Shots

Melina POV:

"You're really amazing Melina Cook." Jason smiled at me across the table.

"I'm amazing? You're the one who planned all of this? I feel like I'm the luckiest girl in the world right now." I smiled.

"I want to take you on more dates, like I told you I really like you. But I want to do this right." He smiled.

"Well, one month of school dates and then we can finally go somewhere." I laughed.

"Maybe I can visit you at your show." Jason suggested.

"I would love that." I smiled. I'm smiling so big right now I probably look like a total dork.

"Now, come dance with me." He laughed standing up and grabbing my hand. I stood up with him and we started slow dancing around the stage with soft music playing in the background.

"This is truly magical Jason." I smiled at him as he twirled me around. He started to lean in to kiss me and then all of the sudden we heard a loud bang. We both pulled back and looked at each other. "Jason what was that?" I asked. Just then two more loud bangs ran out. There's only one thing that could possibly be.

"Shit, Melina we need to hide." Jason said and grabbed my hand.

"Jason I'm scared!" I said shaking as we ran off the stage while more gunfire shots rang out.

"Don't be too loud Mel, we gotta be quiet. Just follow me. We need to hide." Jason said as we ran through the theatre. Where did I leave my phone? Chills ran down my spine as my mind flash-backed to the metal against my head and I squeezed his hand tighter. Why do things like this happen to me? The gunshots sounded like they were getting closer as we continued to run, the sound of screams covering some of the gunshot noises. Whats about to happen to me?

Ben POV:

"YOU CANT KEEP ME OUT HERE, I NEED TO KNOW MY DAUGHTER IS SAFE!" I screamed.

"Sir we need you to calm down. We cannot allow anybody in there, there is an active shooter." a police officer said.

"Ben, come here." Jordyn said grabbing my hand and pulling me backwards into a hug. "Baby there's nothing we can do right now, we just have to wait." We heard another 3 gunshots and Jordyn grabbed me tighter, shaking. How could this be happening right now, this can't be real. Why can't I wake up and this just all be a dream.

"Our baby girl is in there." I cried holding Jordyn, tears filling up my eyes so I couldn't see anything.

"I'm sorry, I can't watch this." Carmen said and turned and walked off. I can't blame her.

"Hey! Any news?" Josh said running up with Parker and Sky.

"We haven't heard anything and the shooter is still in there." I explained, trying to wipe away my tears as I let go of Jordyn.

"She's gonna be ok, she has to be ok." Parker said as he grabbed Jordyn.

"WHY HAS NOBODY GONE IN THERE TO STOP HIM?" Sky screamed.

"They won't tell us anything." Jordyn explained. "I'm terrified." she said and completely lost it. We all crowded around in an attempt to help her feel more safe but there wasn't much we can do. There is somebody in there with a gun, and we have no idea what's happening to Melina.

"Where did Carmen go?" Parker asked.

"She said she couldn't watch this and walked off." I explained.

"I'll go find her." Parker said and left.

"Have you heard anything from Melina?" Sky asked.

"No, we've tried texting her but no response." I explained.

"And then we stopped in case her phone was on ringer." Jordyn added.

"I can't do this. I can't just stand out here while our babygirl is in there!" I said pacing around. I just really really can't.

Parker POV:

"Carmen!" I screamed as I saw her a short distance in front of me. "Carmen!" She finally stopped and turned around to face me, tears streaming down her face.

"Parker I don't know what to do." She said running and grabbing me in a hug.

"I know sweetie, I know." I said as I held her tight.

"I'm scared. Parker I'm scared." she said coughing through tears. "I've lost everybody in my life! I can't lose my own twin sister too!"

"Carmen I can't imagine how you're feeling right now. I remember when Jordyn and I were in high school and if I was stuck out here with her in there, I wouldn't have been able to do it. Honestly I probably would've forced my way into that school and found her. It's scary Car, I know. But there isn't anything we can do." I explained. "I got you though, I'm right here. You aren't going through this alone." We heard another gunshot ring out and she held me even tighter. "It's going to be ok Carmen, Melina is going to be fine." It's hard to say that when I'm really not sure what is happening. You hear about these kind of stories on the news but this is real now. This is happening and little Melina could end up as another statistic. What if I never get to tell her how much she's changed my life, how much she's changed my sisters life. I still had so much to learn from her. She still has so much to teach all of us. Fuck, I mean she's always been the one that's been trying to get me to actually settle down with a girl. It's too soon for that girl to be taken away from us. HOW COULD THIS BE HAPPENING.

"Parker, I love you. But can I just have some space for a little bit?" Carmen asked.

"Yeah of course, I'm gonna go check on J." I kissed the top of her head and left. This really doesn't even feel real. This can't be real. I heard another shot fire, fuck this is real.