Broadway Family

Melina POV:

"Grounded for a month, can you believe that! How is that even fair!" I said to Jason as we walked down the hallway to lunch.

"What about Carmen?" Jason asked.

"She got a month too, but they aren't as mad at her as me. Which totally isn't fair! She was at the party too! But I guess since she wasn't 'trending on Twitter' it's not as big a deal. Which is just stupid may I add!" I said crossing my arms. "And I'm even more sorry about having to miss our date, apparently being grounded also means no going out on dates. I get to go to school and work and that's it."

"Ah but see the thing is, I don't think I can wait a month." Jason said.

"Oh...I understand." I said quietly as we entered the theatre. I mean, did I really expect for him to wait for me? I'm so dumb.

"Which is why I figured we should just have it now." he smirked.

"Wait what?" I asked confused. He flipped the lights on to reveal a table set up on the stage surrounded by rose petals, covered in a fancy white tablecloth. "Oh my gosh." I said in awe. He did all of this for me?

"Since school is gonna be the only time I get to see you for the next month, I figured this was gonna be my one shot to take you on a date without getting you in more trouble." Jason smiled.

"I love it." I grinned and turned to face him. "Now let's eat!" I laughed and we ran to the stage. I can't believe that somebody would do all of this for me. Maybe getting grounded isn't so bad after all...

Jordyn POV:

"BEN BEN BEN BEN!" I screamed as I ran out of the bedroom and down to the living room.

"JORDYN JORDYN JORDYN JORDYN!" Ben screamed back as I jumped onto him on the couch. "WHY ARE WE SO EXCITED?"

"So talking with Carmen yesterday has really opened my eyes to how uninvolved we are in her life. Did you know she loves theatre? And she has such a beautiful voice!" I explained.

"No way! I mean, I'm not shocked. She is Melina's twin." Ben laughed.

"Well I talked with my manager afterwards and told her to keep her eye out to see if there's any upcoming auditions she could go on..." I said leaving him on a cliffhanger.

"Annnnnd?"

"AND BEETLEJUICE IS HAVING AUDITIONS TOMORROW AFTERNOON!" I screamed.

"No way! The girls have been obsessed with that show! Even Maddie won't stop singing it!" Ben smiled.

"Beetlejuice!" Maddie screamed as she ran into the room.

"Do you think Carmen should be in Beetlejuice?" Ben asked Maddie.

"Yes!" She smiled clapping her hands.

"Well then it's settled, she will audition!" I said.

"But what if she doesn't get it Jor? She's never done a broadway show before, the chances of her getting Lydia are pretty small." Ben said.

"And when has that ever stopped us before?" I asked.

"What are we talking about?" Carmen asked walking in the front door.

"Why are you home so early?" Ben asked looking at the clock.

"We had a half day today." She responded throwing her bookbag down.

"Well come here we want to talk to you about something." I said and she joined us on the couch. "So you know how yesterday we talked about your love for theatre, well I found you an audition. Tomorrow, Beetlejuice is going to be holding auditions for Lydia and we were able to get you an appointment..."

"Woah woah woah, I mean thank you but there's no way I'm ready for that!" Carmen explained standing up.

"Carmen, I think you you should do it." Ben added.

"But why? There's no chance I will get it!"

"But how will you know if you don't try? And even if you don't get it, it's great audition experience!" I explained.

"Jordyn I love you and appreciate this but I'm just not good enough." Carmen explained.

"Well we think you are insanely talented. The choice is yours, but we both think you should do it." Ben said.

"I'll think about it." Carmen said and headed up to her room.

"Maybe I should get back into broadway." I smiled at Ben.

"I think you should if you want to! The girls are almost 7 months old now, we could hire a nanny that stays with them, Maddie can come to the theatre like she used to. If that's what you want. We can make it work." Ben explained. I have been thinking about it for awhile, I mean we are a broadway family. Ben is still in Bonnie and Clyde, Melina is in Rags to Riches, Carmen might be in Beetlejuice now...I really do miss the stage. It just got hard when the twins were born. But maybe it's time, I have to find a good nanny though. I don't even know.

"I'm gonna go talk to Carmen, I think I know how to get to her." I said and ran up to her room. "Hey Car?" I asked knocking on her door.

"What's up?" She asked opening the door.

"Can we talk about this audition?" I asked her.

"Jordyn I don't think I'm good enough to do it." Carmen said.

"I've heard you sing, you have a great voice! And you told me yesterday that it's something you're passionate about."

"I'm not like all of you! I didn't grow up in a theatre household. Melina grew up on broadway, I could never match her."

"But Car, you aren't trying to match Melina. You aren't Melina, you are your own person. On your own you are insanely talented and you need to remember that. The choice is yours if you want to audition, but I think it would be great. Embrace who you are on your own, whether that's on broadway or not." I said. "Now give me a hug you little nerd." we laughed as she grabbed me in a hug. All of the sudden Ben burst through the bedroom door.

"Knock much!" Carmen said protesting.

"There's an active shooter at Melina's school." Ben said, his face completely white.

"What?"