Special Delivery

Melina POV:

"You got this Melina, there's nothing to be scared of." I said to myself in the mirror.

"5 minute call! This is your 5 minute call!" I heard over the speakers. There was a knock at my door.

"Come in!" I said. The door opened to reveal Jason, fully dressed is his Evan costume.

"Hey I just wanted to say break a leg tonight." he smiled.

"Hey you too mr. broadway debut! How excited are you?" I asked.

"I'll let you know when my body stops feeling numb from anxiety." he joked.

"You're going to kill it, I'm so proud of you." I stood up and grabbed him in a hug and then he headed off to his place to start the show. Things have actually been pretty great working with Jason. We are still working on our friendship, but we have both been very professional the whole time which shocked literally everybody...including us. They already had a press release typed up for if one of us left. Nobody thought two 17 year olds would be able to do it, not like each other but fall in love on stage every night. We definitely proved them wrong. He knows all about Lucas and I, and he's very supportive of it. It was time, I was about to make my debut as Zoe. A character I have dreamed of playing since the show came out. I wish Ben and Jordyn were here, but knowing Uncle Parker and Lucas are out there makes me feel better. Oh and Maddie, can't forget Maddie. I smiled at the picture I had of the two of us on my mirror, back in my dressing room during Bonnie and Clyde. I wish she could be backstage like usual. But she's older now. I took a deep breath in and out and fixed my hair one last time. My first public performance since the incident...I got this.

*after the show*

We did our final bow as a cast and then Jason and I grabbed each other in a hug before heading off the stage.

"You did it! You made your broadway debut!" I smiled to him.

"And you made your return to broadway! How's does it feel?" he asked.

"Just like when I made my debut in Matilda." I beamed. "Now go get dressed and meet your new fans! I'll see you at the after party." I headed back to my dressing and smiled at myself in the mirror. I did it. I actually did it. Flashbacks to the shooting swirled around my mind, I squinted my eyes trying to block them out. Deep breaths Melina, slow your breathing. I saw him standing on the stage, gun in his hand surrounded by blood...

"Knock knock!" I heard a voice say and I was forced back to reality. I quickly turned around to see Lucas standing in my doorway smiling at me.

"Lucas!" I beamed and ran and grabbed him in a hug. Just what I needed to break me out of my mind.

"Baby you were amazing!" Lucas said picking my feet off of the ground and spinning me around. He set me back down and slammed his lips into mine, holding onto my face as his back arched.

"Alright enough PDA." Parker said pulling Lucas away from me. I couldn't help but laugh at him, always going to be my protective Uncle.

"You were astounding girl, your uncle wont admit it but he was crying." Genevieve laughed.

"Thank you guys! Where's Maddie?" I asked.

"She came back here like she owned the whole theatre and is currently playing with Jason's understudy Grant." Parker laughed. "But I'm so proud of you, and I know Ben and Jordyn are too."

"I wanna come here everyday!" Maddie smiled running into my dressing room. She jumped up in my arms and I held onto her so tight.

"I love you so much Maddie." I whispered to her.