Spring Break

Nate POV:

"See guys, I told you Bora Bora was a good idea." I said staring out at the water from the house we were staying in.

"Oh come on, we all know we are here because you don't want to confront everything that happened with Carmen." Aaron said.

"And?" I asked.

"And nothing. Here, another shot." Lucas said walking up next to me on the balcony and handing me a shot glass. I tapped my glass against his and we both downed them.

"Alright fellas, I got us invited to this super hot party tonight. Wear your bathing suits, and hopefully you'll end the night wearing even less if you know what I mean." Carter laughed coming to join us on the balcony.

"Lets fucking go!" Lucas shouted getting excited.

"Is this the old Lucas I see making an appearance tonight?" Aaron laughed.

"I may not have been myself for a little while but I'm back. And more wild than ever." Lucas laughed.

"Our fearless leader back at it again!" Carter joked slapping his back.

"What about you Nate, you in?" Aaron asked.

"I don't know man..." I said thinking about it.

"Dude, those Cook girls have fucked us up enough. It's time we take our lives back! Forget about Carmen and Melina. Tonight it's all about the boys." Lucas said. I guess he has a point...

"Alright I'm in." I said.

"Perfect! Now let's get another round of shots!" Lucas said running back in the house. I looked at my phone again to see another missed call from Carmen. I just can't deal with her right now. I shut my phone off and shoved it in my pocket. Maybe this is just the life style I'm destined to live. A different party every night, a different girl...no attachments to anybody except for my brothers right here. I really don't have a family, these boys are all I have. Maybe another shot will get me to stop thinking about Carmen...

Melina POV:

"Spring Break is supposed to be fun. So why am I so miserable?" I asked. The party was only 3 days ago so all the drama is still fresh in my mind, but Ben and Jordyn were right. A little away time was exactly what we needed. Ben and Josh brought me here to Paris to spend the week. They think some time apart might be good for Carmen and I. I think they don't want to deal with being trapped in the same house as us for a week since we don't have school. We were eating breakfast outside at a super cute cafe but I honestly didn't have an appetite.

"I mean I have a few guesses." Josh said.

"Come on Mel, this is going to be a fun trip. Besides, I'm excited we get to spend some time together." Ben smiled.

"I am too, I just wish it was under different circumstances." I said. I started to pull my phone out to see if Max had texted me when Josh pulled it right out of my hand. "Hey!" I protested.

"You are disconnecting for the week! No phone!" Josh said.

"But what happens if I get separated from you guys and need to contact you?" I asked.

"We got you this for the trip." Ben smirked. He pulled out an old flip phone from his pocket and handed it to me.

"Oh you have got to be kidding me." I said looking at the phone. This thing is like ancient!

"It only has 2 numbers saved in it. Mine and Josh's. Considering we are the only two people you will need to contact while you are here." I sat there for a minute examining the phone. He's right, I really do need the disconnect. But for the whole week? I honestly don't know if I can do it.