The Switch

Ben POV:

"Please stop crying,  I'll pay you 20 bucks."  I said as I rocked Gabriella while she screamed.

"I don't think you can bribe a newborn baby." Carmen laughed

"Notice how the child I was in charge of,  Peyton, is sound asleep upstairs." Melina smiled.

"Please stop crying Gabrielle." I pleaded. Her cries started to slow down and within minutes she was asleep. "Finally." I whispered. I went upstairs and laid down her down in her crib, then headed back upstairs.  I headed back down and sat down on the couch next to Melina. "Children are exhausting." I said.

"Hey, you created them." Melina laughed.

"Why do they cry so much?" I whined.

"Because they realized 'Oh shit, this family is crazy and I'm stuck with them forever.' I mean, that would make me cry too." Melina said.

"Well then Carmen is about to be crying because her court case to finalize her adoption is tomorrow." I said.

"Then we can be sisters again." Melina smiled.

"Wait I have a question. You call Ben and Jordyn your parents but I've never heard you call them Mom or Dad, even when you talk to the press." Carmen  said.

"Well, because I've always known them as Ben and Jordyn, that's just what I've always called them. They are my parents but they  are still Ben and Jordyn."  Melina explained.

" I mean I call you my daughter but it would be weird if she called me Dad." I said.

"So, I can just call you  guys Ben and Jordyn?" I asked.

"Whatever you want. But, now it's time for school so get moving you two." I said. They got their bookbags on and headed out where Josh was waiting for them in the lobby to take them to school. Right when the door shut I heard the babies scream again. DAMN IT. I ran upstairs and when I got in there, Jordyn was sitting in the chair holdingi both of the babies.

"Beat ya to it." She laughed. Both of the babies were still crying so I grabbed Gabriella from her and right away she stopped crying. "Figures, she's a daddy's girl." Jordyn laughed.

"We are so over our heads with all of this." I said.

"28 years old with 5 kids, 2 of them about to turn 16." Jordyn laughed.

"You know, from the moment I met you, I knew I wanted to marry you." I smiled.

"We were only 17." Jordyn laughed.

"Yeah, but I just knew."  I smiled.

"So you cheated on me with blonde slut?" Jordyn laughed.

"Hey I thought we were past that." I laughed.

"We are, I just like to screw with you." She smirked.

"Can you believe this all started because I gave you a tour? We've had a lot of ups and downs." I said.

"But, all that matters is that we are here now with 5 great kids." Jordyn smiled.

"I love you." I smiled.

"Love you too." She smiled.

Melina POV::

"I really do not want to go to school." I said as we rode the elevator down to the lobby.

"You get to go to a performing arts school, you are so lucky." Carmen said.

"Yeah but nobody there likes me for me." I said. "I wish I went to a school where nobody knew who I was." I said. Suddenly we both gasped and turned and looked into each others eyes.