Mistaken Identity

Melina POV:

"You're joking." I said, my jaw dropping to the ground.

"We thought you guys would be a little more excited." Jordyn said.

"How many people can we fit in one penthouse?" Carmen asked.

"Apparently we are going to find out." Ben laughed.

"So not only are we going to have all 5 of us kids and you two, but we are also going to have Josh, Timmy, Kinsley, and Lucas? There's no way this is going to work." I said.

"We have the room in our new place, besides it will be fun." Ben smiled.

"You know Dad every time you say something is going to be fun, it's never fun." Carmen laughed.

"Don't you have a show you're supposed to be getting ready for?" Ben laughed.

"Fine!" Carmen said and ran up the stairs.

"I'm gonna go meet up with Jason, text you when I'm on my way home?" I asked Ben.

"Be home by curfew please." Jordyn said as I ran out the door.

"Got it! Love you guys!" I said. I pulled out my phone and quickly called Lucas.

"What's up?" Lucas asked answering the phone.

"Can I come over? We need to talk." I said.

"Yeah of course." he said. I hung up the phone and went outside to hail a taxi. I can't take my driver, then Ben and Jordyn will know where I really was. I sat in the back of the taxi tapping my leg anxiously. It felt like the longest taxi ride of my life before I was finally knocking on his front door. "Hey!" He smiled opening the door. I pushed past him and ran up the stairs going straight to his room, lying right down on his bed.

"Did you hear the news?" I asked him when he finally got into his room.

"What news?" Lucas asked.

"You and your sister are moving in with us!" I said.

"Wait what?" Lucas asked.

"This means we are going to be living together." I said. "And I don't know how you feel, but I feel that's a bad idea!"

"Melina, it was one kiss." Lucas said.

"Well what if I liked it?" I asked him, standing up and facing him directly.

"You have a boyfriend Melina." Lucas said.

"You're the one that kissed me!" I said.

"And I shouldn't have." Lucas said looking down and shoving his hands in his pockets.

"So it was a mistake?" I asked.

"That's not what I said!" He said getting defensive.

"So then please just say something that makes sense because nothing in my life does anymore!" I screamed.

"You wanna talk about nothing making sense! My family is bankrupt and nobody will fucking talk to me about it! All my parents do is whisper behind my back and put on a face like everything is fine, just like they always do." He screamed back.

"Your family is bankrupt? So that's why you're moving in." I said quietly. He ran his fingers through his hair looking around.

"They've barely been holding onto this place for awhile now. I knew it was a matter of time. But I wasn't sure what their next move was. Pawning me off onto Kinsley though, didn't see that coming." He went over and sat down on his bed and I sat down next to him, grabbing his hand in mine.