First Day

Melina POV:

"GIRLS! FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL LETS GO!" Jordyn screamed to us from downstairs.

"You know, I think I'm totally pulling off this uniform." I said looking in the mirror and messing with my tie.

"I am feeling major Gossip Girl vibes with these outfits." Carmen laughed fixing her headband.

"Oh I am totally Serena." I laughed.

"No duh, and I'm Blair." Carmen smiled as we both struck poses in the mirror.

"GIRLS! COME ON!" Ben screamed up to us.

"WE'RE COMING!" We both screamed down.

"What if we hate it there?" Carmen asked standing next to me in the mirror.

"Then we just skip school everyday." I joked.

"Not funny!" Carmen laughed pushing my arm.

"I know I know, but we just have to stay positive. We've already met a bunch of people there and they all seem sweet." I explained.

"I'm just nervous." Carmen said. I turned to face her and grabbed her hands in mine.

"Carmen Cook, we both have been through more shit than anybody else in that school and we've gotten through all of it. We can survive some dumb rich school." I smiled.

"I AM LITERALLY GOING TO EAT YOUR WAFFLES IF YOU ARENT DOWN HERE IN 15 SECONDS." Ben screamed.

"COMING!" we both screamed.

"If we can survive having Ben as our father, we can truly get through anything." I laughed.

"We should probably go down because he really will eat our pancakes though." Carmen said. We ran down the steps and joined everybody at the kitchen table.

"Did everybody really have to come over for our first day?" I asked.

"Of course! We could never miss this!" Josh smiled.

"You both look beautiful." Ben smiled kissing the top of our heads.

"Kinsley is coming over with Lucas too." Sky said from the other end of the table.

"So are you two like a thing now?" I asked as I poured syrup all over my pancakes.

"We are just friends." Sky laughed.

"Yeah ok." Parker said.

"Who's excited for the first day of school!" Kinsley smiled walking in with Lucas.

"Not me." Lucas said joining us at the table.

"Oh come on guys, the first day of your junior year! It's exciting!" Jordyn smiled.

"Maybe for you guys! You aren't the ones that are gonna have to sit through school." I said.

"I wanna go to school!" Maddie protested.

"You will start school next year Maddie." Carmen said.

"And don't get too excited, it's not as fun as it sounds." I said.

"Melina!" Jordyn said hitting the back of my head.

"Just telling the truth!" I laughed.

"I didn't even get to finish high school in a real school, you should feel lucky." Ben said.

"Same, we both finished high school on tour of Newsies." Jordyn added.

"Where they met and fell in love." I said mockingly.