Friday Night

Holy cow I can't believe there's so many of you who still read this! You will never understand how much that warms my heart! Thank you so much for all the love and support, this is my favorite story to write!

Melina POV:

"Car...are you sure this is a good idea? We have to be at court tomorrow afternoon to finalize your adoption. What if something happens?" I asked as we walked up to the house.

"Don't worry, everything is gonna be fine. Besides, if Ben and Jordyn can go out tonight, why can't we?" she smirked. I knew she wasn't worried about anything happening, but I was just looking for any excuse to not go to this party. I don't want to talk to Jason. I mean, I do. But I don't. I just want to pretend like I never saw that picture, but I can't. I saw it, I know he kissed another girl, and I know I'm hurt. I know I should hear him out to get some closure, but what if he just lies?

"Alright fine, lets go." I said. We entered the house with music blaring so loud I couldn't even think about why I didn't want to talk to Jason.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom, you ok on your own for a minute?" Carmen asked. I nodded my head and she left. I didn't feel as nervous as I did the first time I went to one of these parties. I actually knew most of these people now that I've been going to school with them for awhile.

"Melina!" I heard behind me. I turned around to see Nina standing with this guy I knew to be Denton. "Girl I'm so glad you made it! Here, try this." she said handing me a red cup. I stared at the cup for a moment, remembering my promise to Josh. But then again, what Josh doesn't know he won't find out right? "Oh come on Melina, cut loose for once!" I grabbed the drink from her hand and took a big gulp of it.

"Shit that burns!" I said as I felt it race down my throat.

"It's just vodka and cranberry juice, you'll be fine just keep drinking it!" Nina smiled.

"We were just about to take some shots, you wanna join?" Denton asked. I looked around for Carmen but didn't see her anywhere. I guess she found somebody to talk to.

"Yeah, why not." I smiled. It's just one drink and a couple shots...what's wrong with that? I followed them over to a table where everybody was circled around it.

"Melina Cook....taking a shot? Since when did you become a party girl?" this guy named Cole smirked as he poured something into a shot glass.

"Guess you just don't me well enough!" I smirked back. We all downed the shots and Cole instantly poured me another.

"Well then let's see it." he said. I downed that shot too and another one and walked away feeling pretty proud of myself. I chugged down the rest of my drink and then went to the kitchen to get it refilled. As I was pouring the drink, I started to feel a little dizzy. It felt weird....but a good weird. I finished pouring my drink and then made my way to the living room where a lot of people were dancing. I sat down on the couch and continued my drink while I pulled out my phone. Just then I felt a rap on my shoulder.

"Funny seeing you here." I looked up and the voice was coming from Jason. I feel like I'm supposed to be mad at him, but I honestly can't remember why at the moment.

"Oh my gosh HI!" I squealed jumping up to give him a hug.

"That was not the reaction I was expecting from you." he said looking confused.

"Well why not?" I asked.

"Because you...never mind. Can we talk?" Jason asked.

"Yes let's talk! I like your hair!" I said running my fingers through his hair. He looked confused but he still grabbed my hand and I followed him up the stairs and into one of the bedrooms where he immediately shut the door.

"Ok listen, I want to explain myself. That picture is not what it seems." Jason started.

"What picture?" I asked bouncing on the bed that I had sat down on. "Oh my gosh this bed is so bouncy! Come join me!" I giggled.

"Melina are you listening to me?" Jason asked.

"Come bounce!" I laughed.

"Melina...what have you drank here?" he asked. That's a weird question.

"Umm Nina gave me a drink when I got in here and then I had three shots of something and then I just finished this drink!" I smiled holding up my empty cup.

"Shit Melina, what are you thinking?" Jason asked looking concerned now.

"I'm thinking that I want you to come bounce with me!" I smiled. The look on his face did not seem like he was having as much fun as me. "Why do you look mad?"

"I'm not mad, I just know that there's people here who want to get you wasted so they can sell clips of it to the media."

"Nobody would do that..."

"Yes they would and they will. Melina we got to get you out of here, where's Carmen."

"I just want to have fun like a normal teenage girl!" I said and pushed him out of my way. I wasn't letting him ruin my night.

"Melina wait, please!" Jason shouted following me out of the room. Who does he think he is? My dad? I stumbled down the stairs and back to where Cole was. "I'll take another shot, the strongest thing you've got."

Jordyn POV:

"Should I call the girls to see if they are ok? Or maybe the babysitter?" I asked nervously checking my phone.

"Jor relax, everything is fine." Ben reassured me. He's right, everything's fine. I'm just overthinking. We were out at this new rooftop bar in Manhattan and it was a beautiful night. Ben wrapped his arms around me from behind and kissed the back of my neck. "Tomorrow afternoon we have Carmen's adoption but tonight, it's you and me."

"And all of us." Josh chimed in walking up next to us.

"Yeah, we don't need to see all of that the whole night." Sky laughed.

"You're just upset Lollie had to go away for a business trip this weekend!" Ben said, still not letting go of me. I've always felt the most safe in his arms, like the rest of the world didn't even matter. I love him so immensely and I get to spend forever with him.

"Anybody seen Parker recently?" I asked.

"He's at the bar with some blonde chick he just met. Her name is apparently Bethany." Sky laughed. Shocker.

"I just wish he would find a girl and settle down already. He lives like we are still in high school most of the time." I said leaning my head backwards onto bens should.

"Let's not talk about that tonight. I've got the hottest date in this whole place and I want her to come dance with me." Ben smirked twirling me around.

"I'm gonna need another drink for that!" I laughed. We kept drinking and laughing and before I knew it....I couldn't remember anything.