Mr. Norm

Melina POV:

I sat in the auditorium during lunch, playing on my guitar trying to write a song for my second album.

"But baby when I look into your eyes..." I sang. What rhymes with eyes? "It's like I'm....hypnotized. All I wanna do, is be here next to you. Holy crap, this song SUCKS!" I sang.

"Try making the song faster, seems too slow." Jason said from the back of the auditorium.

"How long have you been back there?" I asked.

"A while. You got a really good song going for you, just needs to be faster." He said.

"Really?" I smiled.

"Oh yeah." He smiled walking forwards. "But baby when I look into your eyes, it's like hypnotized." He sang a little faster than I had. "All I wanna do, is be here next to you. Holy crap, this song sucks." He sang laughing at the end.

"Yeah I think need some help with the ending." I laughed.

"Can I help?" He asked.

"I'll take any help I can get." I laughed. I handed him my guitar. We spent the rest of our lunch period playing guitar and we were totally lost in song. We finished the song as I pulled out my phone. "SHIT LUNCH ENDED 20 MINUTES AGO." I screamed. We scrambled to pack up our guitars and sprinted to our class. Luckily we have our next class together, science. But, our teacher is the meanest teacher in the whole building. He is an older man with an English accent who was always rude and boring. We sprinted into the classroom and the whole class turned their heads toward us when we burst in.

"Mr. Sterling and Ms. Cook, you're late." Our teacher Mr. Norm said, his English accent over emphasizing the Mr. And Ms.

"We are so sorry, we were practicing guitar and didn't hear the bell." Jason said.

"Do you have a pass?" Me. Norm asked.

"No, we were in lunch and-" Jason started.

"No excuses. Saturday school, both of you." He said. My heart started racing in fear.

"I can't! I um have a performance Saturday at 2, my call time is 12:30." I said.

"You should have thought about that before you decided to be late to class." He said.

"Mr. Norm, she is in a Broadway show. She has to be there, can't you make an exception?" Jason asked.

"Oh I'm sorry! I forgot! Miss Cook is a Broadway star and deserves special treatment!" He said sarcastically. "Let's all just drop everything we are doing and help little miss Broadway star!" He continued. My face got red and I looked down at my feet.

"There's no need to be rude to her." Jason said.

"Of course! Everybody needs to be sweet to the Broadway star!" He said.

"Jason just let it go." I said.

"No, this isn't ok. I'll take double Saturday school for her. Triple if it's needed." Jason said.

"I'm sorry but we treat everybody the same here. Now please take your seats." Mr. Norm said. I started to move to sit down but Jason grabbed my hand.

"No, this isn't ok. We are going to the dean." Jason said and pulled me out of the classroom.

"You all are gonna be in trouble for leaving!" He screamed as we left the room

"Jason-" I started.

"No, he had no right to treat you like that and say all of that. That was horrible!" Jason said.

"I can have Ben call the school and get it worked out." I said.