Live with the Cooks

Jordyn POV:    

"We go live in 5 minutes." Ben said adjusting the phone on the tripod. We are doing an Instagram live from quarantine to encourage others to stay home and giving them something to watch.

"Mommy I don't want to wear this jumper." Maddie said running over to me.

"You picked it out though!" I said.

"And now I don't like it." Maddie pouted.

"Go get changed quickly ok?" I laughed. She smiled and ran up the stairs.

"Please tell me Dad isn't actually wearing that." Melina said.

"Wait what's wrong with what I'm wearing?" Ben asked looking down at his shirt.

"Oh...nothing!" Melina smiled awkwardly.

"Are we supposed to pretend like we are actually enjoying quarantine? Because I don't know if I can do that." Carmen asked.

"You're an actress, you can fake it for a few minutes." I said patting her head. We had a setup with our couch for us all to sit on and some camera lights set up around us. This reminds me of when we used to go live during Newsies...except this time the girls outnumber the boys. We are only doing this live with the Cook family, everybody in this would be too overwhelming. Plus it won't look good to have my daughters ex boyfriends in the live as well.

"What about this mommy?" Maddie asked appearing at the top of the stairs in her bikini swimsuit.

"Hell to the no." Ben said. "How about a turtleneck and long skirt."

"I'll go get her dressed." Melina said and ran up the stairs.

"So Jordyn, question. Once this quarantine thing is over are you gonna make Sky and Kinsley get their own place and take me with them because I totally support that." Lucas said walking up to me.

"I'm not kicking you guys out...what is going on with you?" I asked him.

"Oh nothing, I just didn't want you to be too overwhelmed with all the people in this house." Lucas said.

"Lucas don't worry, we're perfectly fine." I laughed messing with his hair. "You guys are our family. And we always put family first." He looked up at me looking he was thinking and then ran off.

"1 minute till we're live!" Ben announced.

"How long do we have to do this for?" Melina asked.

"Just like 10 or 15 minutes. You got this baby girl, you're a pro at these." I said and kissed the top of her head. Carmen came running down the stairs carrying Maddie who was now wearing overalls with a cute baby pink shirt under it. We all sat down on the couch with Ben and I in the middle, Carmen next to me, Melina next to Ben, with Maddie in the middle of us.

"What's up Instagram!" Ben smiled as soon as we went live.

"We are here in quarantine in our house since we all were over seas!" I explained.

"It sucks." Melina laughed.

"But we are here to talk with you guys so you have something to do while you're staying home!" Ben said. "So lets get the questions rolling." Parker was off the screen reading questions to us since we couldn't really see the screen.

"First up is for Melina, they want to know what's going on with you and Jason in Dear Evan Hansen." Parker said.

"Well with broadway shut down, we are still waiting for more news but I will definitely keep everybody updated." Melina smiled. My little pro. She's had to learn how to answer questions without getting in trouble since she was 10. I'm so proud of her. The truth is with everything happening with her and Jason...they don't know what they are going to do right now. Honestly broadway shutting down has been good for them because it gives them more time.