Opening Night

Melina POV:

"Can you all believe this? Opening night." I smiled.  Me, Cameron, Ryan, Tony, Jackson and Brynn were sitting in the green room, relaxing on the couch.

"You two are gonna kill it." Brynn smiled.  There were only 2 kids in the whole show, me and Cameron. But since we are both the two biggest characters, we both have two understudies just to be safe. Brynn and Ryan both understudied me and Tony and Jackson understudied Cameron.

"Wait, we have to take instagram videos." I said. I pulled out my phone and started taking a video. "Hey guys, it's Melina Cook and we are backstage at opening night of Rags to Riches. I'm here with the other kids of Rags to Riches! Everybody say hi!" i laughed.

"Hiiiiiiiii!" They smiled.

"This is Cameron who plays the prince." I  said pointing the camera at him.

"Sup." He said holding up a peace sign.

"And this is Brynn and Ryan who play my understudies." I said.

"Hi instagram!" Brynn smiled.

"I'm cooler than Tony!" Ryan laughed.

"No she's not!" Tony said jumping up behind her.

"And this is Tony and Jackson, they are Cameron's understudies." I laughed.

"JOIN TEAM TONY!" Tony said.

"NO TEAM RYAN!" Ryan laughed.

"Save me." Jackson laughed.

"All 6 of us are in charge of the instagram account tonight so follow along for behind the scenes of our opening night!" I smiled.

"BYEEEEEE!"  We all said.

"We are pretty good at take overs." Tony laughed.

"Oh yeah, the best." I smiled.

"I can't wait for the opening night party." Ryan smiled.

"I'm so nervous. Guys, we have a sold out audience tonight and for the next 2 months. This show is huge, what if we don't live up to people's expectations?"  I said.

"Meliina, you are gonna kill it." Brynn said,

"But like, this is the biggest show on Broadway right now  and we haven't even done one performance. People who don't even care about broadway are here, they are calling this show the next Hamilton. And all the attention goes right to me because I'm Ben and Jordyn's daughter and I've been in the spotlight and-" I rambled on.

"MELINA! You're fine! Stop stressing yourself out." Cameron laughed. We got our half hour call and I had to go get my wig on. I put on my costume and the makeup people came in to make me look like I was from the streets. I went back to the green room and Carmen was sitting on the couch with the kids.

"Carmen!" I smiled grabbing her in a hug.

"Wait, let's put her on the instagram account!" Tony said.

"Guys, look my twin is here to cheer me on!" I smiled as I held Carmen in a hug,

"Hi instagram!" She smiled.

"She's here along with my whole family and all my friends!" I laughed.

"Yep! I'm so proud of  my sister! Well, I have to go back in the audience, but good luck tonight."  Carmen smiled. We did our handshake, took a Polaroid picture, and then she ran off.

"We have a handshake, we are cool."  I laughed and then Tony ended the video.

Before I knew it, we were called to our places. We did our shake down and then I heard the overture music start. Let's do this. I heard my first cue and I ran onto the stage. Our theatre was huge and every single  seat was filled. Woah. I finished my first song and then ran off the stage where all the kids were waiting for me.