Losing Lucas

Melina POV:

"This is all your fault!" I screamed at Maddie as soon as the elevator doors had closed with Lucas and his parents inside.

"Melina stop." Ben said.

"Why do you ruin everything!" I freaked.

"I was trying to help you!" Maddie insisted.

"Yeah well how did that go?" I said. "You know sometimes I just wish you had never been born." Maddie looked at me with tears in her eyes and then ran upstairs.

"Well add that to the list of things our children will talk about in therapy one day." Jordyn said.

"Right behind having to see their father and uncles in dresses." Parker added.

"I'll go talk to her." Josh said running up the stairs.

"And I'm going to stop Lucas." I said running to the elevator. I frantically pressed the button until the doors opened and slipped in. Right as the doors were about to close, a hand pushed the doors back open. Ben jumped in the elevator and the doors closed behind him.

"You know you're going to have to apologize to Maddison right?" Ben asked. He pressed the emergency shut off button and the elevator instantly stopped.

"Ben what are you doing?" I asked.

"You really think I'm just going to let you run off after being a bitch to your little sister?" Ben said.

"Add that to the list of therapy as well, my father calling me a bitch." I said getting snarky with him.

"For the record, I didn't call you a bitch. I said you were being a bitch to your sister which you were. She was just trying to help you Melina."

"And she failed. Made it worse actually."

"She's 6 Melina! She was trying her best. And you know she did what she did because she loves you and wants you to be happy. She looks up to you so much, she tells me all the time how she wants to be just like you when she's older. She wants to be in the same broadway shows you were, she wants to follow in your footsteps."

"Well now Lucas is about to be put on a plane and forced to live far away from us with his abusive father!" I freaked. Shit I shouldn't have said that last part.

"Wait what?" Ben asked. "Melina what do you know?" If I say anything Lucas will never forgive me. But if I don't...

"I don't uh for sure...know anything." I explained.

"What does that mean?" I really shouldn't say anything. I'm stuck in a mental battle, it feels like my head and heart are pushing against each other.

"I can see it in his eyes!" I spit out without even thinking. "And I don't think anybody else knows about it."

"Melina how sure are you about this?" Ben asked getting very serious.

"I'm almost certain. When I brought it up to him earlier he told me to drop it and that he didn't want to talk about it. He's so scared of him, and I've never seen Lucas scared like this before." Ben thought for a moment, and then turned the elevator back on and faced the doors.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"We are going to save Lucas." Ben said. I small smile appeared on my face and I threw my arms around his stomach for a tight hug.

"Thank you dad."

Jordyn POV:

"See, I told you ice cream makes everything better." Josh smiled to Maddie.