MISUNDERSTOOD

"ow" I groaned as I was awoken by Carl's elbow hitting the side of my eye and head.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry" He quickly sat up and checked my eye as I giggled.

"It's fine" I chuckled.

"I was stretching and...I'm sorry" He chuckled placing his head down on my stomach in embarrassment.

"It's fine baby" I picked his head up and kissed his forehead."Come on the group's downstairs I can hear them" I got up out of bed and got dressed. When I looked in the mirror my eye was a bit swollen and a bruise spread from my eye to the middle of my forehead. I made my way downstairs where I got a few stares from everybody which made me a bit uncomfortable. I was just about to grab a granola bar when I felt my arm being pulled out of the kitchen and into the living room. I turned around to see Maggie with a concerned look on her face.

"What the hell happened that wasn't there yesterday when you went to bed" She said.

"Oh...It's nothing Carl just..." 

"Carl did this Y/N why didn't you tell me sooner, if he did this to you....well you have to tell someone" She rambled on which made me burst out into laughter."What are you laughing at this isn't funny Y/N if he hit you then..."

"Maggie I appreciate your concern for me but Carl would never hit me, or do anything like this on purpose, he was stretching and accidently hit me" I chuckled.

"Oh...Now I feel like an idiot" She laughed.

"And trust me if he had done this to me on purpose he would be the one coming down stairs with a black eye" I chuckled.

"Hey, everything okay in here" Carl came in and looked concerned.

"Yep, everything's good babe just about to come back out and join the group" I chuckled along with Maggie while Carl gave us both a confused look which made us laugh even more.

We all came back out and joined everyone else in eating breakfast, I ate a granola bar as usual since I didn't want to eat too much. I was going on a run with Rick, Carl, and my dad Daryl.

"Sweetheart can I talk to you for a second" My dad said standing up and walking away from the table. "Not again" I thought to myself.

"Sure dad" I followed him into the living room.

"What happened to your eye are you okay" My dad asked.

"Yes dad I'm fine it's nothing" I said annoyed since I had just had this conversation.

"well, it doesn't look like nothing" He was getting frustrated which always ended up with yelling and accusing me.

"Carl he ac..."

"Carl did this to you that son of a bitch I'm going to kill him" He stormed out of the room and grabbed Carl by the collar of his shirt and lifted him up."What the hell do you think you're doing touching my baby girl like that, you ever hit her again or even lay a finger on her I will kill you" He rambled on screaming in Carl's face.

"Dad" I yelled for the 14th thousandth time.

"I got this don't you worry I'll make sure he never tou..." He said.

"Dad he didn't hit me it was an accident, maybe if you would listen to me for once and not jump to conclusions you would know what I was about to say, and if you ever thought that Carl would actually hit me then I guess that just show's how much you pay attention about my life because if you really did pay attention every once and a while you would know that Carl and I love each other more than anything and we would never ever do anything like that ever" I yelled.

"I didn't...I'm" He let go of Carl who quickly went by my side.

"Save it" I stormed out of the kitchen and slammed the door shut I could hear footsteps chasing after me I turned around and saw Carl following close behind me.

"Y/N what the hell was that about" Carl said grabbing my arm but I angrily pulled away.

"Maggie and Daryl both thought you hit me" I said.

"What" He looked suprised.

"I told Maggie what happened that's why we were laughing" I explained everything to him.

"Come on let's go back inside" He interlaced our fingers and started to drag me along back towards the house.

"I don't want to deal with all that" I sighed.

"You wont have to all you will have to do is come upstairs with me and get ready for the run" He smiled.

"Fine" I rolled my eyes as we both chuckled.

Once we entered the door all eyes were on us we made our way upstairs but had to stop half way once I heard my dad call out my name.

"What" I replied.

"I'm sorry" He said. My eyes went wide did a dixon actually just say sorry to someone.

"Holly cow, did you just say sorry" I overly dramaticed gasped.

"Shut up don't get use to it" He smirked. I chuckled and continued up the stairs to get ready for the run.