COLD AS ICE (Request)

Carl and I were out doing a simple run trying to find some supplies. Rick had sent the two of us because he knows we don't get a lot of alone time together and figured it would be good for us. We walked hand in hand as we made our way through the forest and towards a local town.

"Hey, I know a shortcut that we could take" Carl said looking over at me and smiling. We both giggled as Carl pulled my hand and we started running through the trees.

"Carl wait!" I said stopping in my tracks and pulling his hand back.

"What?" He asked. His smile slowly faded when he saw the concerned look on my face.

"You hear that?" I asked. We heard the growls of walkers. We slowly turned our heads and saw several walkers coming after us.

"It's not a hoard we can take care of it" Carl said. I nodded and brought out my knife clutching it in my hand. The walkers moved towards us and we began to fight. All of a sudden I felt a dip in the ground as I backed up.

"What the hell?" I said out loud. I turned my head to look back at what I was stepping on but all of a sudden a walker grabbed me. I plunged the knife into its head but the weight of the walker caused me to fall towards the ground. All of a sudden I crashed through what felt like a thin layer of ice and my body was hit with shock as I dove into freezing water.
————————————————-
Carls P.O.V:
"Fuck" I muttered under my breath as I killed the last walker. I gave out a reliever sigh and turned around to go help Y/N.

"Y/N?" She was no where insight. I made my way over to a pile of dead walkers that she had killed and noticed a patch of ice was broken where a frozen lake was. I looked closer into the water and I saw her.

"No no!" I yelled. I grabbed her and pulled her out of the freezing water checking for any bites on her but luckily there were none.

"It's okay, it's okay you're gonna be okay" I reassured. I wrapped her up in a blanket that we packed in the bag for when we had our picnic. I wrapped her in my arms as well trying my best to warm her up.

"Carl" she said faintly as she shivered.

"I'm right here. We're gonna get you warmed up okay" I placed my warm lips on her blue ones then picked her up bridal style and made sure the blanket covered her properly then I made my way back hoping that the others could help me.
————————————-
Y/N P.O.V:
I felt numb, everything was a blur since I hit the water. Carl was carrying me and his body felt so warm against my cold skin. I heard him whisper things to me every once and a while but I was more focused on the cold surging through my body.

"I love you" he whispered. I couldn't say anything so I gripped onto his arm a little tighter in hopes that he got the message that I loved him back.

I felt my body being set down onto a soft surface. I heard the voices of other people that weren't Carl's.

"Where...where am I" I groaned. I heard rushed and panic voices answer me but my head hurt to much to focus on what they were saying. All I felt was Carl's hand in mine and his lips on my forehead.
————————-
I woke up a little later in Carl's arms. I was under several blankets and he had fallen asleep trying to ensure that I was warm enough.

"Carl?" I whispered and sat up in bed.

"Hey, hey it's okay. You're okay now" he reassured me.

"I'm still so cold" I shivered.

"Let's just lay her baby. You'll warm up eventually I promise" he held me closer to him, I felt safe with him, protected. We dozed off wrapped in each other's embrace.