I MISS YOU (PT 2)

I woke up next to my dad who was still passed out sleeping I guess I had woken up just in time because Rick was on watch and now it was my turn. He turned over and looked at me once he realized I was awake.

"You want me to take over" I yawned while getting up from the cold hard floor of the store we were all in.

"No it's okay you go back and get some sleep" He said yet I knew he was exhausted and I had plenty of sleep.

"We both know that you are exhausted and that's now going to do us any good for the trip home" I chuckled.

"You're right" He chuckled along and got up off the old chair.

"Y/N how are you and Carl seriously" Rick asked as I took a seat where he was previously sitting.

"We're great" I smiled.

"That's good. You know you're good for him and I'm glad you two found each other" He smiled and then lied down.

"I'm glad we found each other to" I whispered under my breath as I sighed looking out the rainy window. I was happy we were going home tomorrow I couldn't stand another day away from Carl.

__________________

CARL'S P.O.V:

(A week later)

One more day. That's what I kept telling myself as I woke up each morning yet one more day dragged on to be one more week and I was getting worried. They were supposed to be back a week ago and there was still no sign of them.

"Any idea where they are" Abraham asked.

"No clue" I replied.

"They will be here don't worry" He said looking out of the gate and over to the few walkers roaming around.

"I hope" I mumbled under my breath as I walked back to the house just before I entered the door I heard the faint noise of a car approaching.

"Their back" Abraham yelled. The gates swing open and the car entered into Alexandria. They all climbed out and I scanned around until I spotted Y/N. Her eyes meant mine and a smile grew on her face she rushed over to me as I brought her into a hug and swirled her around, she giggled and kissed me. 

"Glad to have you back" I whispered as I kissed her forehead.

"Glad to be back" She smiled.

"What took you guy's so long" I asked.

"We ran into some trouble with another group and we had to find our way back through a detour which took a little longer than expected" She said.

"Well, I'm just glad you are back" I smiled and brought her in for another kiss.

"Come on you two love birds at least come help us stock food" Glenn teased as Y/N and I picked up two duffle bags and went to go help Maggie and Glenn stock food.

___________________-

Y/N P.O.V: 

It felt nice to sleep in a bed for once instead of a cold cement floor. It was also nice to have Carl's arms wrapped around me tightly at night. I missed his embrace and his kisses.

"Goodnight" He whispered kissing me.

"Goodnight sheriff" I teased and placed his hat on the nightstand next to the bed. He chuckled then brought me in closer to him as we snuggled and both drifted off into a sleep.