Chapter sixty one

I ended up spending the night at Brennan's last night. I woke up at 2 this morning and we were cuddled up on the couch. I sit up and hold my stomach. Brennan wakes up slowly and sits up. "Are you okay?" He asks and I shake my head. "It hurts" I say with tears streaming down my face. He jumps up and runs upstairs I assume to get Mrs.Jill. I hear more footsteps coming down and Mrs.Jill and Brennan are back at my side very quick. Brennan is sitting beside me with his arms around me and Mrs.Jill is in front of me crouched down. She asks me a bunch of questions and then calls my mom. "Okay we are gonna go to the emergency room just so they can make sure baby boy is okay and your mom is gonna meet us there" she says and I nod. "Can you walk?" Brennan asks and I nod. He helps me stand up and instead of walking up the stairs and having to go down the porch stairs we walk out the back door and walk to the driveway like that.

We get in Mrs.Jills car and go to the hospital. Mommy is standing by the entry door and I hug her when we get to her. We go inside and they take me back immediately since he would be preemie. They make me change into a hospital gown and get in a hospital bed, which Brennan had to help me do. Once I'm in the bed they do a bunch of different tests and take blood and do sonograms. They hook me up to different machines and then all of the nurses and doctors disappear. I'm laying in the bed with Brennan laid next to me. He's scrolling through his Instagram and I was looking on too because my phone was gonna die soon. Our moms were sat on the couch talking to each other.

A little while later the doctor comes in and starts telling me about how my body was trying to go into full labor because I'm dilated to a 3 and they gave me an iv to stop it. He told me I'm still okay to go to LA but just be ready anytime for the baby to come. They want to keep me over the next day or so to watch me closely. I nod and he leaves. "You guys can go home. We are gonna go back to sleep too" I laugh and our moms nod. "If you need us call us. We will both come back up later" they say and both kiss both of our foreheads. "Sorry to get you both out of bed so early" I say. "You can't help it babycakes" Mrs.Jill laughs. They leave and I lay my head on Brennan's shoulder and fall back asleep.

When I woke up again it was 11:30. Brennan was just coming back in the room with some cafeteria food. "Morning baby" he says and kisses me. He gives me a plate of oatmeal. "Thank you babe" I say and he kisses my forehead and turns on the tv. We watch tv as we eat breakfast. A little while later Mom, dad, Annie, Hayley, Mrs.Jill, and Katie all come up. "Hey guys" I smile. All 3 girls run over and hug me. "We are ready to see baby boy but not until it's time for him" Katie says and Annie and Hayley agree. "We love all 3 of you" Annie says. I hug them again and then we all just sit around and talk.