Chapter 5- Hours Before (Time skip)

The big day is today, it's the day of the BTS concert. You asked for the two days off at the coffee shop to focus on today and tomorrow night, but something was missing, what was it? Rehearsals are at the Staples Center at 3 o'clock today, but the problem was what to do until then. Glancing at your Bluetooth speaker it finally struck you like lighting, performing on the corner can be an adrenaline rush for tonight. You quickly change into your simple style clothing and head out to the usual spot, when arriving a group of people were around waiting for entertainment. As soon as you set out your donation hat money started to rise up to the rim immediately, I haven't even started yet and I already have $60 in my hat, thinking to yourself.

An hour into performance money keeps flying into your hat left and right as you are dancing like your life depends on it. The crowd gets bigger and bigger by the second and as the last song finishes and a man on the left side asks, "Excuse me miss, do you mind if I request a song and perform with you," as you turn around it happened to be a rapper, Namjoon. When you saw who it was laughter filled your sweaty body and shook your head yes, when he sets your phone down he gets into position as you give the crowd a confused look because he has failed to mention what song he selected. As the crowd goes silent Namjoon open up the song by saying in Korean, "Welcome, first time to BTS," you immediately recognized the song as 'Dope' and get into position to take over the song. During the performances, you are imagining them as rehearsals before the concert tonight, but you and Namjoon were having an amazing time on the corner dancing in front of a big crowd as he acts like your hype man that almost every rapper has in their group.

The performance came to an end and while you were packing up Namjoon stayed behind and helped you pack. "That was awesome. I've never had that much fun outside of BTS ever," said Namjoon with a cute smile on his face. As you laid the money in your empty guitar case you reply, "Really? I thought being with the others were fun? Anyways, today was a great day wasn't it," he shook his head in agreement as another question popped into your head, "By the way, why were you out here? I thought you would be in your hotel room with the others sleeping or playing around," Namjoon places the speaker in the guitar case and responses, "I don't have to be the others all the time you know. I wanted to go for a morning walk and I saw the crowd over here so I thought why not come over and watch you again." When the crowd dispersed from the corner you pick up your case and head back to your apartment to rest before you head out to the Staples Center for tonight's concert. As you walk across the street Namjoon, being the gentlemen that he is, offers to carry the guitar case for you, "Here let me carry the case for you. You need to regain energy for tonight or you'll be out of breath when the first song starts." In shock by his generous offer you hand him the guitar case with a smile brightening up your face, "Oh, thank you."

Every step you and Namjoon take, every conversation you two have, it always gets interrupted by a die-hard Army fan shouting from across the street or two steps ahead of you. "That must suck don't you think," Namjoon looks at you with confusion taking over his body, "You know, being an idol. Anywhere you go there's fans trying to get pictures with you, autographs, or just a simple glance." Namjoon gives a slight nod but counters back, "Well, it kind of does but that's just the life of being an idol. If I could control the Army then I would by having them see me as an actual human being instead of this huge megastar," just by hearing his side of being an idol you feel your eyes getting puffy because at the end of the day he is a human being and every celebrity should be treated like a normal person. The two of you are three blocks away from your apartment and Namjoon decides to swing around and walk in front of you backward, he notices a strand of tears coming from your eyes, "Don't cry (y/n). I don't want a sweet girl like you to be thrown off her game before the big night. We had fun at the corner dancing, just think about that. Don't let the Army fans get to you," he lifts your face up to meet his eyes, his soft hand cups the side of your face and takes his thumb to wipe away your tears.