▹19◃

I can't believe I did that

I tried to save Jeno, but I didn't think my plan through before I acted. Instead of saving Jeno, I only put myself at risk.

It's not like I care about what would've happened to me. Jeno is my best friend, and I love him. I would do anything for his wellbeing.

But, I can't help but think about what would've happened if the High Five hadn't come when they did. If I became a monster, would I still be on their side, or would I end up becoming their enemy...?

-

I already know that Renjun is awake, but I can't face him, especially since Jeno and Taeyong are with him.

Thanks to my precognitive vision, I already know they're looking for me now. I'm just not ready to face them.

My guilt is killing me...

"Nana! You in here?"

Renjun asked, knocking on my door.

"..."

"Jaemin, please answer. Jeno and Renjun really want to see you. You've been hiding in there long enough"

"......."

"Nana, please... I really miss you..."

My eyes shot to the door.

Jeno sounded very sad. I wanted to go open the door, but my body wouldn't move.

"How about this? I'll go away and you can be alone with Jeno and Renjun. That sound ok Nana?"

Taeyong persuaded.

I said nothing. I just slowly walked to the door and opened it. They couldn't see my face since I covered it with my hoodie. I didn't want them to know that I was crying a while ago...

"I'll leave you 3 to talk things out now..."

Taeyong pet my head and left, keeping his promise.

Before I could say anything, Jeno and Renjun engulfed me in a hug. I'm glad they did too. I probably wouldn't have had the balls to hug either one of them first.

I felt a tear trickle down my cheek as I hugged them back.

-

"I'm sorry I acted like that... I just wanted to help you hyung..."

I apologized to Jeno, avoiding his gaze.

"No, I'm sorry... I acting without thinking and put you and myself in danger..."

"The way I see it, it's neither of your faults. Jeno was trying to save me, and Jaemin was trying to save Jeno. There's nothing wrong with what either of you did"

"But-"

"No buts. Remember what Mark-hyung told you. Never apologize for doing the right thing. What you did shows that you not only care for me, but you care for each other as well. I'm proud of you both for the choices you made"

Both of us heard Jeno sniffle, and saw him wipe his eyes.

"Are you crying???"

Renjun asked, looking quite surprised.

"No... I got dust in my eyes..."

"Jaemin, are you crying too??!"

Renjun asked again, looking even more surprised.

"No... I got eyelashes in my eyes..."

"Aish... Here's a tissue for you both..."

"Thank you..."

As soon as he handed us the tissues, Jeno and I both started sobbing and hugged each other.

After about nine or ten minutes, Renjun was finally able to calm us down. He pet us both on the head, and praised us for our efforts.

"But in all seriousness, those animals in the kitchen are gonna eat all of the Kimchi Fried Rice if we don't skedaddle out of here now"

Renjun sighed.

"OuT oF mY wAy LoSeRs¡"

Jeno shrieked.

"I'm StArViNg¡"

Renjun yelled.

"NoT aS mUcH aS mE¡"

I exclaimed, as we all ran out the door.

-

Everyone nearly ate all the Kimchi Fried Rice, but we made it just in time to get some.

Chenle ate the most out of all of us, again...

"Is there anything else to eat~?"

Chenle asked.

"Chenle, what the hell?! You got the most servings out of all of us!"

Donghyuck hissed.

"I know right?! He's gonna make us starve if he eats anything else!"

Jisung scowled.

"Guys give him a break, he's a growing child. Let him eat"

Taeyong scolded.

"What about us as growing children?!"

Jisung exclaimed.

"...Good point. Chenle, share with your brothers"

"Yes hyung..."

He frowned, and he apologized to us.

"Aww, don't be sad Lele~. We still love you~"

Renjun cooed petting his head, to which he purred in response.

-

I got out the shower and scurried back to my room.

I put on Wreck It Ralph, and laid in bed to await falling asleep. But then I heard a knock on my door.

I peaked through the vision hole in my door, and it was Jeno.

"What's wrong hyung?"

I asked when I opened the door.

"...Can I sleep with you Nana?"

"Y-Yeah..., sure. Come on in..."

Jeno closed the door behind him, and we both got in bed and watched the movie together.

"...Thank you"

He suddenly spoke when I was about to fall asleep.

"Huh? For what?"

"Thank you for coming after me, even if it meant you would get hurt because of me..."

"Oh... I guess I should thank you too"

"But what for???"

"For saving Renjun-hyung, even if it meant that you would become a monster..."

"Oh..."

I reached over and cuddled him close to me.

I felt like he'd disappear if I didn't.

"Please don't ever leave us hyung... We need you..."

I pleaded.

"...I would never leave you guys. Even if I did lose my mind or became a monster, I wouldn't ever forget about my family"

He promised, putting his arm around me.

"I love you No Jam"

I whispered.

I laid my head on his chest, and I started drifting off to sleep.

"I love you too Nana"

He sleepily whispered back.