▹46◃

We were all stuck in an eerie silence

How is it possible that he doesn't remember us??

We put Renjun to bed a while ago since he asked for somewhere to sleep. The rest of us sat with the white haired stranger, and discussed this anomalous issue.

"Who are you?"

I asked him.

"Yoonho"

"Ok? So Yoonho, do you know what happened to Renjun?"

"The man that attacked him, was my brother Zuho. We were both born from Renjun. We're his counterparts"

"H-How is that possible?!"

Jeno asked, still a bit shaken up.

"When a child is born from a demon and an angel, the child will have some qualities of the parents, but most parts of them that they inherit kinda separate from their actual bodies. May I ask a question to your caregiver?"

"What is it?"

Taeyong asked.

"Did he do much when he was born?"

"No, he usually just slept for most of the day. He started being more active when he was two or three years old"

"That's the reason why. Losing counterparts like us is kinda like losing your heart. You become an empty shell. They usually can't remember anything, and they don't do much. It's better if that happens at a younger age, since it's not likely for small children and babies to retain any knowledge or memories"

"So then, you're like Renjun's angel, and Zuho is his demon?"

I asked.

"Exactly"

"So why did Renjun-hyung lose his memories of us?"

Jisung asked, still comforting a crying Chenle.

"Zuho was trying to pull him to the dark side. He wanted him to let his demonic powers consume him, but luckily, Renjun was strong enough to resist it, despite the torment he was receiving. However, Zuho has the power to do terrible things to others. It seems that he was not only draining his life force, but he was also trying to use his Demonic Infusion to try and taint his mind with a dark aura. While he did that, he also wiped his memories away completely. He couldn't even remember his own name"

We all fell silent.

"But I helped him. When I was healing him, I took away the dark aura that Zuho was able to implant in his mind, and I restored his life force. And I did you all a favor by returning all of his memories"

"But how come he doesn't know us???"

Jaemin asked worriedly.

"There's only so much I can do. I returned all of his memories. He does remember you, but those memories of you all are so deep inside his heart, that they're out of reach. That's why he can't seem to remember you all, but everything else is in tact. He even remembers how to use all the powers he's gained so far"