◃38▹

Backstory #2

Zhong Chenle

▹◃▹◃▹◃▹◃▹◃▹◃▹◃▹◃▹◃▹◃

Taeyong's POV

"What are you gonna do creep?"

"That's strong talk coming from the actual creep"

I retaliated.

I checked to see how far Johnny was, and he was actually pretty close, and coming super fast!

"Now if you don't mind, I'll be taking the little one"

I insisted, and I started walking towards them.

"You're not taking anything from us!"

All of them charged towards me and Renjun, and he clung onto me harder.

I used my free hand to hang on to his tiny arms, and I jumped, but not too high. In midair, I swung my right leg behind me, and charged up the power in my leg enough to swing it in front of me, kicking them all in the face and sending them flying away into the wall.

I landed safely in front of the boy, and his attention was now fixed on us.

"Come with us"

I let go of Renjun's arms and held my hand out to small boy, as I knelt down to his level.

He shook his head, and looked at me with fear.

He's scared of me...

Renjun let go of me and went up to the boy. He didn't seem to be scared of Renjun, and got less tense. Then the boy just suddenly shapeshifted into a baby calico kitten.

Renjun picked him up and came running into my arms. I carried them in my one free arm and started running. As I got closer to the light of the city, I heard the three guys following us from behind, but luckily Johnny was running towards us pretty fast.

"Taeyong! Hurry home with them!"

"Take care of those three for me hyung!"

Johnny pat my shoulder, and ran past us to deal with the three.

-

We made it back to my front door, and I looked back in the direction we came from.

As if he knew I was worried, I suddenly saw a yellow lighting bolt shoot upward, and it drew out a thumbs up in the sky.

He was ok~.

I quickly rushed inside with Renjun and the cat boy, and sat them down on our couch. I put the groceries in the kitchen, and came back to examine the boy. But I just realized, I can't help him if he doesn't shapeshift back to normal.

"Hi~. Can you please turn back to normal? I want to know how to treat your wounds if you're injured"

I pleaded, but he just whimpered.

Renjun just started petting him, I guess to try and make him comfortable. And after a few seconds, he started purring.

It was actually quite cute~.

Renjun actually convinced him to turn back to normal, and the sight of him was just heartbreaking.

He was very skinny and frail, and his ears and tail looked pretty irritated. He had bruises and scratches on his arms and legs, but that wasn't all. Renjun pointed to the boy's back, and when he turned him around, he had some slightly open wounds.

They looked as if they were marks from a whip.

"Who did this to you? It wasn't just those three guys was it?"

I asked, and he shook his head.

"Did someone you lived with before do this, and just recently kicked you out or something?"

I inquired, pointing to his back, and he nodded.

He must've had a very abusive owner that did this to him. He probably wondered off into that alleyway just recently, and those three guys gave him the other bruises.

"Ok, did those guys say or do anything out of character to you?"

He nodded.

"N-Nasty t-things... and t-toucht me e-evewywhere..."

After he said that, he hugged Renjun and cried into his chest, not daring to let go.

Those assholes tried to rape him.

Of course I was boiling mad, but that wasn't going to help the poor boy. So I left the two together to get some band-aids, peroxide, cotton swabs, and some ice packs. And also some tissue since he was crying.

I already knew how to handle the boy's wounds, since Renjun has gotten himself hurt plenty of times. He's pretty clumsy, but I personally think it's cute~.

I came back, and Renjun had already calmed him down to where he was only crying a little bit!

That was very fast...

-

1 Hour Later

-

After I tended to the boy's wounds, we all ate dinner together, and Renjun insisted that we watched Moomin, so we did.

The boy told me his name, and it was Zhong Chenle. It was the cutest thing to see how he never left Renjun's side.

Renjun even called him his brother!

But of course I had to find out if he had any parents that were looking for him, and he told me that they abandoned him, unfortunately...

So it's settled that we adopted Chenle~.

After we watched Moomin for another hour, Renjun and Chenle started falling asleep, so I carried them to Renjun's room and tucked them in. Of course my room is right across the hall, so if anything happens, they can come to me, or I can go to them, right away.

I made sure they were comfortable, and I made sure that the nightlight was on before I went to bed myself.

I know it's just a thought, but I can't help but think that Chenle isn't going to be the only one that Renjun ends up calling his brother.

Only time will tell, but I wonder who else is going to find their way into his life...?