▹107◃

"Guys, make sure to not get too close to Seifer because of his powers

"Guys, make sure to not get too close to Seifer because of his powers. Instead, focus on long ranged attacks and act on the defensive, rather than close combat"

Renjun calmly advised, protectively holding Enzo.

Seifer chuckled and played a note on his flute. Plumes of dust began to rise, obstructing our vision.

"Don't panic. That's what he wants you to do. Use the sound of his movements to find him"

Renjun is really doing a good job of giving orders in this nerve wracking situation.

I closed my eyes to listen carefully for any movements, but the only thing I can hear at the moment is Donghyuck's panicked heavy breathing.

I know he's worrying about Mark. I don't blame him. I'm worried about Chenle, but we have to focus on the here and now.

We suddenly heard another note on the flute, and a series of slashes flew towards us.

"Shit shit shit!"

Renjun and I had no problem dodging them all, but it sounded like Donghyuck almost got cut.

"Donghyuck, focus on your surroundings and don't worry about Mark. He's strong enough to take care of himself and his team. You know that"

"I know..., b-but what if-"

The dust rose more, catching Donghyuck off guard.

I heard another slash going right for him, but I quickly jumped in front of him to block it with my Water Scimitar. But, the slash cut right through my sword and cut me. The force if it pushed me into Donghyuck, and we both fell over.

Renjun and Enzo immediately ran over to check on us, but Seifer took this distraction as an opportunity to launch a cloud of his Knockout Gas at Renjun.

However, Enzo acted fast and used his body to block it, making him lose consciousness in the process.

I slowly started to get up, despite how much pain I was in.

"J-Jisung..., stop"

I ignored Donghyuck's command.

"Jisung... You're bleeding out... You can't do anymore..."

Renjun tried to make me sit down, but I swatted his hand away.

I tried walking over to attack Seifer, but that only made more blood spill out, and I fell back down to my knees.

"Jisung-"

"Shut up! I'm not giving up... I can't give up..... If I can lose and give up so easily without putting up a proper fight..., then how can I prove myself to be a real man?!"

They stayed silent from my outburst, and I stood back up regardless of the pain.

"I.... I don't want to just protect all of you and save the universe... I want to prove that he can protect her too..."