▹110◃

No....

It can't be true...

"Then.... Y-You're Leiyong's father..."

"Indeed I am. However, he was of no use to me when Zhenya attacked me and his mother"

"Wait! How are you brothers if you don't share the same name?"

Chenle questioned.

"The same way the seven of you call each other brothers. We're adopted family. Zhenya took me in when I had nothing, but then stripped me of everything, ironically so. But, thanks to that fool Xansho confusing me for Zhenya, he revived me by accident. That was the perfect opportunity for me to take control over him, and use his body as a host to regain my lost strength"

"Just like a parasite..."

Jisung mumbled.

"Then..., why did you revive my parents? And..., why would you take the souls of our family???"

I questioned him, hearing him sigh as he sat down.

"You still understand so little. After I heard of the legend, it hit me. Luoyang was pregnant at the time, when I was mercilessly killed. If they managed to kill me, even in their weakened state, they would definitely manage to find a way to keep their child alive. Then, when I saw you with that weakling of a god, I knew you were the one. I felt a power that none of you were able to"

"Taeyong-hyung...is not weak"

Mark angrily stated.

"Hey now, don't get me wrong. Even though he was weak, I still wasn't a match for him. But, every time I saw him, saving kids he knew nothing about, it only aroused my anger more and more. So, after a few years, I decided to act. That was when I took control over that poor lost owl, and used him as my monster pawn"

"Aristotle..."

"That's right Renjun. He was indeed one of your minions that you would inherit, if he hadn't stumbled across me. So, I hid myself in the woods when you came to rid him from Earth. I saw for myself, just how much power you were hiding"

"But..., it was my first power..."

"I know that. However, none of you could feel or see the demonic aura and power that I could. And as time went on, that power only got more intense. I was so sure that little Zuho would get the job done, but that damn angel brat had to interfere"

"Y-You were there too??!!"

"Obviously if I'm talking to you about it. Also, did you really think I was behaving myself for these past two years? Every day, I was watching, listening, analyzing you and your so called family. I saw when you trained, when you fought, when you grieved, and when you were happy. But, I also saw your progression as a Nephalem. I'm quite impressed with how you turned out thus far. You're far more impressive than that weakling boy of mine"

We all went silent.

In that time..., I remembered that I always felt an aura similar to his in those two years.

But..., I always thought that it was me...

"But..., there's still things we don't understand!"

Xinyi just sighed.

"I'm listening"

"Why do you want the worlds destroyed?!"

Jeno asked.