▹87◃

-

2 Years Later

-

It's been two years since we left the realm that was gifted to me.

I kept my promise to Ikki, and haven't said anything to the others about the mysterious sword. I'm glad that I could help him in some way, by making him feel useful.

But back here on Ethora, things have been pretty slow for the most part.

Redwood Academy was rebuilt closer to us, and we got to see Ariana and her friends again. Thankfully, nothing was awkward between her and Chenle, now that she knows that he's dating Kou.

We've all gotten to do lots of hero course training, and we each got assigned to a hero in Force 127 for Work Study.

Work Study is a program where rising heroes job shadow big name heroes and see what kinds of work they do, in order to not only better our powers, but also to help us make a name for ourselves and direct us in the directions we want to go as heroes.

Jisung was assigned to Johnny.

Chenle was assigned to Kun.

Jaemin was assigned to Hendery.

Donghyuck was assigned to Nakamoto.

Jeno was assigned to Xiaojun.

Mark was assigned to Doyoung.

Jaehyun was assigned to Taeil.

Taeyong, Lucas, and Jungwoo were assigned to YangYang.

Yoonho was assigned to Sicheng.

And Leiyong, Zuho, Suko, and I were assigned to Chittaphon.

Everyone else in our class was assigned to other heroes in the program, much to their disappointment.

We've all done well with our Work Study and training, and we've all improved in some way.

Johnny helped Jisung with his hydrokinesis and psychokinesis. He can now turn his water into sharp projectiles, and he can now levitate himself with his psychokinesis.

Kun helped Chenle with his shapeshifting and crystallization. He can shapeshift into beasts as big and as powerful as Kun, and his crystals are now more durable than before.

Hendery not only helped Jaemin with his hardening and teleportation, but he also taught him the Knight's Code of Chivalry. His hardening is now as durable as a diamond, and he's learned to attack enemies the second he teleports straight to them.

When it comes to his morals however, he's become more like a knight.

Loyal, courteous, protective, courageous, humble, honorable, and gentle. He's become all of those things now. And with those new traits, he's more willing to protect the ones he loves, especially Aurora.

Nakamoto helped Donghyuck with his pyrokinesis and super regeneration. His flames now burn as hot and as bright as the sun, and he's able to regenerate almost any injury instantly.

Xiaojun helped Jeno with his ninja arts and his weapon summoning. Jeno is now a full fledged shadow ninja and has mastered the ninja way, and he can summon even the most powerful of weapons.

Doyoung helped Mark with his earth flow and his cyrokinesis. His ice is now extremely durable, and now he's able to control the range of the ground he manipulates.

Taeil helped Jaehyun with his copy and solid air. He's now able to copy powers for an extended amount of time, and he's increased his lung capacity to effectively use his solid air for longer periods of time.

YangYang helped Taeyong, Lucas, and Jungwoo in different ways. Taeyong can now move faster with his jet ability. Lucas can shoot his spikes farther and they've become sharper and harder. And Jungwoo can now use black light.

Sicheng couldn't really help Yoonho with his powers. But he did help him harness the ability to call upon angelic beings for their aid.

And Chittaphon helped me, Leiyong, Zuho, and Suko in the same way. He helped us all increase the power of our dark abilities by harnessing our inner darkness. This somewhat helped with my demonic powers too.

Multiple heroes in Force 127 gave me private lessons to help me improve my other powers.

Yuta helped me learn to combat any element with my decomposition.

Xiaojun helped me learn to control the things I bring to life with my animation.

YangYang helped me learn to focus my healing energy, so now I can heal people from a long distance range with healing projectiles.

Doyoung helped me learn to hone my accuracy to effectively use my whirlwinds without hurting my allies.

Taeil helped me figure out how to mobilize myself with my flames with great speed, without hurting my allies.

Kun helped me find a way to fuse plants with my body for more powerful attacks, and also to use it as an alternative for protection.

But when it came to my angelic powers, and my demonic powers, I had to seek help from Taeyong and the others.

Unfortunately, it hasn't been easy.

Both powers bring a lot of strain on my body. I've lost control every time I used my demonic powers alone, and I've come close to hurting the others. But thankfully, Jeno pulled through every time and knocked me out each time.

With my angelic powers, however, the strain causes me to pass out each time from either my heart beating too fast, or from my body shutting down because it overheated.

But with both, there's always been the same aftermath after I wake up.

I'd catch either a cold or a fever, and my appetite would change drastically. But thankfully, I'd pull through every time. But unfortunately, the same thing would happen every time.

I think I've made some progress, but not as much as everyone else. They've all gotten so much stronger, but I feel like I'm still stuck where I am.

No matter how hard I try, I just can't understand how these powers work. Maybe I'll have better control over them when I find out what my last two powers are.

Or maybe they'll only work when I actually need them. But..., my demonic powers didn't change me at all that day Zuho and Yoonho showed up.

...I just don't get it.

...I just want to live up to the expectations that everyone has for me, especially mom and dad...