▹53◃

"Are they gonna be ok?"

"They will Jisung. But we have to give them time to recover"

"But Jaemin-hyung, I miss Chenle so much..."

Jisung intertwined his hand in Chenle's, and Chenle subconsciously gripped onto his hand.

"I know you miss him, we all do. But you saw how hard Iron Bolt attacked him. That's not something you can just wake up from that easily. He's extremely lucky to be alive after a hit like that"

"Very lucky. When I healed him, I saw just how bad his chest got injured"

"How bad Injun?"

Mark asked, while Jisung had a worried look on his face.

"The force of that punch caused great damage with the impact to his chest. What I mean is, Iron Bolt completely shattered Chenle's rib cage"

Looks of shock and sorrow were sent my way instantly.

Tears even started flowing from Jisung's eyes, and he started sobbing softly.

"That's why he was breathing so hard, even though he was out cold. But it stabilized after I healed him. His rib cage is fixed and his lungs are fine"

They were all relieved, but Jisung was still crying.

"We should get some sleep. If we have a battle soon, I don't want us to be exhausted. Chenle and Jaehyun-hyung will have to stay out of any battles for now, until they fully recover"

They all agreed, including Jisung.

Before he left, Jisung kissed Chenle's forehead and left with the rest of them, except Taeyong.

He was really worried about Jaehyun.

"What...happened to him...?"

"When I healed him, it seemed he suffered from a broken leg, despite how much he was running. Not only that, but he had a sprained arm and a broken wrist, on two completely different arms. And he had multiple bruises to top it off. All of that trauma put him into cardiac arrest. But I healed him in time to keep him from dying too soon"

Taeyong suddenly burst into tears even more than Jisung, startling me.

"Hyung, it's ok. He's fine now. He just needs lots of rest, that's all. But we really need to get some rest too"

He started to wipe away his tears, and kissed Jaehyun's forehead.

He got up and followed me to the barracks.

"I'm very proud of you Injun..."

"Huh? Why?"

"You've shown amazing leadership skills. You kept everyone in check in order to keep us alive, you saved three innocent strangers who helped save my friend, you healed those who were in desperate need of help, and you made wise tactical decisions. You did all that while you were under so much pressure"

I didn't even realize I did so much...

Everything happened so fast...

"But, I left the others behind... I'm sorry, I know they mean a lot to you and the others..."

"You left them behind to save us. You saw yourself how Jaehyun barely escaped them with his life. He could've died because of them. You did all of this for a good reason, to make sure none of us got possessed or killed"

"..."

"Listen Renjun, don't forget what Mark once told you. Never apologize for doing the right thing. There will be times like this where each of you will have to step up as leader, especially you Renjun. Try to stay on the positive side. Above all, being positive is one of the most important attributes you need in order to lead a team~"