◃◃123▹▹

◃◃ Memory #8 ▹▹

Wong Yukhei

▹◃▹◃▹◃▹◃▹◃▹◃▹◃▹◃▹◃▹◃

"And that takes care of that...~"

Lucas exhaled deeply.

I've been spotting him while he completed his bench press workout routine. After over an hour, he finally finished.

"Let's head to the kitchen for something to eat. Then we can get washed up in the showers afterwards~"

"Good idea Injun~"

He happily skipped after me, following my lead.

We soon made it into the elevator, and ventured to the kitchen. But before we could reach that floor, he stopped the elevator.

"What's wrong hyung??"

He stayed silent, and deeply sighed.

He soon sat on the floor with his back against the elevator wall, hugging his knees.

"...Do you think I'm loud Renjun? Like, too loud...?"

So that's what's wrong...

"It's not necessary a problem, but you are indeed loud. If anything, I think it just shows how bubbly of a person you are"

"But..., I know Jungwoo-hyung doesn't like loud things... How is he able to put up with me, if he doesn't like loud noises......?"

There's only one answer to that question.

"...It's because he loves you hyung"

"H-Huh???"

He looked up at me.

"You've been best friends for a very long time. From your time that you both spent on Earth together, until now, you've always been together. If he's tolerated it all this time, even though he doesn't like loud noises, then that really says something about how he feels about you, doesn't it?"

"......"

"I like to think of it like this. At the point in time when I didn't have any powers, I felt like I was just getting in everyone's way all the time, and that everyone didn't like me because I was powerless. That might've been true for other people, but for Mark-hyung and the others, it wasn't. We've all been together for years. But even though I was powerless and couldn't help them much, they never seemed to mind. They included me in everything they did, even when I tried to distance myself from them. They loved me for who I was. Jungwoo-hyung is pretty much the same way. He loves you for who you are, and because of that, he doesn't care if you're loud hyung. He's just happy to be with you"

His eyes widened, as if that realization suddenly hit him.

He slowly stood up, and hugged me. But because of his strength and size, he lifted me off the ground a little. But, I still hugged him back.

"Thank you Renjun..."

He mumbled, quietly.

Despite him being a loud person, it seems that he's still trying to learn to be quieter. I think that'll work out for him~.

"You're welcome hyung~"

He put me down and let me go, and allowed the elevator to continue its journey to the kitchen.

"Let's talk again sometime~"

He smiled, as the doors opened.

"I'd love too~"

-

🥊

"..."

"......"

"........."

"You were right Renjun..."

"I talked to Jungwoo about what I was thinking..."

"And..."

"..."

"He said that he didn't mind that I was loud..."

"......"

"Because..."

"He loves me..."

"........."

"I remember now..."

"We remember..."

"He told me that he loved me one time back on Earth, before we died..."

"But hearing him say it again..."

"On Ethora this time..."

"..."

"It felt nice..."

"I want to thank you Renjun..."

"For helping us remember..."

"What we had forgotten..."

"We finally remembered..."

"Our deep and undying love for each other..."

"..."

"Maybe..."

"Showing that guy some love..."

"Can help you win this battle, and save us..."

"It's worth a shot..."

"Right...?"

"So, try reminding him..."

"Of what he's forgotten..."

"Press on, and..."

"Wake up"