▹23◃

"...Y-You're really a g-girl?!"

I asked, completely in shock.

"AND A HYBRID LIKE ME?!"

Chenle shrieked.

I didn't even notice till now that those long ears on her head weren't a part of her mask.

She just stayed silent, both of us being lost in each other's eyes.

'...Oh! You can let go of her now little buddy. You can come and rest on my shoulder until we leave'

'...okay'

All the vines disappeared, and put her down.

The sprout finally rose from the ground and slithered up to my shoulder.

How cute~.

Now, back to her.

I returned my attention back to her, and I noticed that she looked very scared.

"H-Hi. It's okay, we won't hurt you anymore"

I tried to reassure her.

When I moved closer to her, she got up and tried running away, but she fell. I quickly ran to her to find out what was wrong, and I noticed that she was holding onto her leg.

Her leg was broken!

When she finally realized how close I was, she tried getting up again, but I wouldn't let her.

"Taeyong-hyung..., we have to bring her back..."

"Is it serious?"

"Very. Please let me take her with us. I can heal her properly back home. I just can't leave her like this. Please hyung..."

I pleaded, to which he smiled.

"You have a kind heart Renjun. You can bring her. Let's go now"

He insisted.

I'm really happy that he's letting me take her with us, but I still have to gain her trust.

"Will you trust me?"

I asked her with sincerity.

She stared into my eyes again for a brief moment, and she finally nodded.

Smiling, I gently picked her up. Even when she flinched, I reassured her that she could trust me.

I carried her bridal style to our jet, after we bid Malachi our goodbyes.

-

When we made it home, I asked Jisung to get some first aid supplies for me while I made sure she was comfortable.

I brought her to my room, and laid her on my bed. I placed one pillow behind her head, and one under her leg for elevation.

I got a better look at her leg, and right away I could tell that it wasn't an open fracture, thankfully.

But I need someone to help me see what type of fracture it is.

"Jaemin!"

"You called?"

He asked, instantly teleporting into my room.

"Yeah, I need your help. Can you use your telescopic vision to see what kind of fracture she has?"

"Oh! Of course~. Now let's see..."