▹99◃

-

8 Hours Later

-

I asked Taeil to fly us back to the forest that leads us to Ikki's realm, and luckily, he got us there quicker than expected.

I got the key mom left for me out of my room in the ship, and mom, Zuho, and I  headed out. I used to key for us to enter, and we ran into town to find Ikki.

Luckily, we were quickly able to find him sitting alone on a bench, applying more bandages to his legs.

"Ikki!"

I yelled, getting his attention.

He came running towards us, but almost fell when he saw mom.

"I-Is that...?"

"Mhm~! Mom has been alive for a while now! None of us knew about it until now~!"

I smiled.

"Little Sasagawa~. It's so nice to see you again~"

Mom smiled, petting his head.

He couldn't contain his excitement and embraced her in a loving, tight hug.

"It's so good to see you again Lady Luoyang~~!"

He hopped excitedly.

"I know you're glad to see our mom Ikki, but that's not why we're here"

Zuho impatiently interrupted, recapturing Ikki's attention.

"Ikki, I need that sword. It just might help me save Yoonho"

He nodded, and led the three of us to the secret place that he showed us before.

-

We soon arrived back in the sword's room, and this time I could see it clearly.

But, it just looked like an old, busted up sword.

"...Ikki. Are you sure that this is the right sword?"

"It is. It's form will change once it's pulled out"

He informed.

I walked over to it, but before I could grab the grip of the sword, Ikki grabbed my shoulder to stop me.

"Renjun..., please be careful. Remember what I said before. If your body isn't ready to handle the sword's power, you'll die trying to pull it out..."

He looked a little worried about me.

"Don't worry man. Have a little faith~"

I smiled and ruffled his hair.

He nodded and stepped back so that I could continue.

As soon as I grabbed the sword's grip, I felt an overwhelming amount of power in my hands that began to flow through the rest of my body.

It was a power that I've never felt before.

"W-Wow. You really weren't kidding about the sword's power"

"Just don't let go! Once you touch it, you're locked in! This is where it becomes life or death!"

Ikki warned, and I nodded.

I began to tug on the sword with all my might, and soon, sparks began to fly from my hands and the grip, flying off in different directions.