▹138◃

Renjun woke up in an empty bed, wondering where Suko had gone.

He decided to go find her, but he got up too quickly and his head began pounding, and he became lightheaded and dizzy. He fell back down on the bed, trying to regain himself.

Just as he was about to get up again, the door opened. The shining light in the halls gleamed into his dark room, increasing his headache as he covered his eyes.

"Baby~. You're awake~"

He heard Suko's voice, along with the sound of his door closing.

She turned on the dim lights in the room, as to not make his headache worse.

"What happened...?"

He questioned, watching Suko's movements.

She had a small tray full of different things that she rested on his nightstand. She then carefully sat next to him, and gently pet his head.

"You fell asleep after you threw up last night. You and the others must've drunken a lot. They all woke up sick too. So I've been taking care of you, and Jay and the others have been taking care of them too"

She made sure to speak softly and a bit slow, so that he would be able to understand better.

"I see..."

"Oh. By the way, would you prefer Green Tea or water right now? I didn't know which one you would want"

He stared at both drinks, and finally pointed to the Green Tea.

She smiled and gladly handed him his tea. As he took a sip, she sat down with a plate on her lap.

"I also brought you a banana and some crackers, recommended by Johnny-oppa of course~"

She could see a small smile form on Renjun's lips as he took a cracker and nibbled on it.

He soon successfully finished his tea, as well as his banana and crackers. She talked more with him in order to lift his spirits, but she soon noticed that he kept tensing up.

Johnny had told her that Renjun might experience muscle pains or headaches, or both at once. And by how uncomfortable Renjun looked, it seemed to be both.

She then retrieved him the two painkillers that Johnny gave her, as well as the water, to give to him.

She knew that he might have trouble holding the glass, so after he put the pills in his mouth, she held the glass and helped him drink the water.

After making sure that he swallowed the pills and drank enough water, she made sure to have him sit up for a while to prevent acid reflux.

She informed him that she was leaving the room for a little while, to take everything to the kitchen for them to be washed. After she walked out, Renjun just quietly looked around the room.

He reminisced on the fun time he had with his brothers the previous night. He remembered their genuine smiling faces and their genuine congratulations that they gave to him.

He still felt that becoming the new number one hero was just a dream, and he became scared. He began worrying about the tasks to come that he would be expected to do, as well as the new expectations he now has to meet.

He roughly gripped his blanket as these thoughts flooded into his mind, not realizing that Suko had returned to the room.

"Baby? Is everything alright?"

She softly spoke, snapping him out of his thoughts.

"O-Oh, yeah. I'm fine..."

"Baby..., I know something is bothering you. Keeping it to yourself while you're hungover will only make your head hurt worse..."

She sat next to him and pleaded for him to tell her his worries, until he finally complied.

"Su..., I'm afraid..."

"Of what???"

"Being the new number one hero is a huge responsibility, especially for someone as young as me. I don't know the first thing about being the number one hero... What if I mess up on a bunch of different assignments? What if I end up letting everyone down...? I'm the only Nephalem of my kind, and there are so many expectations that people are gonna have for me. I don't know if I'm cut out for something like this......"

Renjun stressfully sighed at the end of his explanation, but somewhat came to ease when Suko held his hands.

She gently kissed his cheek and smiled at him.

"Renjunie, sweetie, just because everyone has different expectations of you, doesn't mean you're obligated to try and meet them all. I'm sure that Iron Bolt or one of the other heroes can fill you in on everything you have to do. But, since being the number one hero is such a big deal, you probably won't even have to do much. Usually, the top gun is only supposed to make sure that there's peace and order, and assign different heroes to carry out different assignments. So, don't worry yourself about what's to come. I know you'll do an amazing job, in your own Renjun-y way~"

"Y-You really think so...?"

Renjun shyly held his head down.

"I know so~"

Suko softly kissed his lips, and gently rested his head on her shoulder.

"For now, just take all the time you need to rest. You're gonna be just fine Renjunie~"

Renjun softly smiled, and held her hand in his.

He eventually dozed off, and after a while, she finally laid him down to rest. She covered him and made sure he was comfortable, but when she tried to leave, she noticed that Renjun has latched himself onto her arm, preventing her from leaving.

She just giggled at his clinginess.

"You really want me to stay that badly~?"

The only response she received from him was a small, contented sigh, followed by a small smile on his face.

Suko couldn't resist his adorably cute charms, and snuggled herself under the covers with him. Renjun adjusted himself a bit, until he was back happily resting on her chest.

"So soft...~"

She heard him mumble softly, causing her to blush a bit.

He eventually dozed off again completely, and Suko gently rubbed his back once more.

Though most of this was new for her, she enjoyed taking care of Renjun. It gave her the chance to repay him for everything he's done for her.

And she got the chance to show him just how much she loves and cares for him.

"You're too cute Renjunie...~"