◃◃156▹▹

◃◃ New Memory #14 ▹▹

Xiao Dejun

▹◃▹◃▹◃▹◃▹◃▹◃▹◃▹◃▹◃▹◃

Xiaojun, Jeno, and I were currently on the rooftop, stargazing together

Xiaojun and Jeno finished another training session together, and they decided to relax with me on the roof.

Jeno has successfully mastered all of Xiaojun's teachings of the Shadow Ninja Clan. However, not only are they still training just to perfect his teachings, Xiaojun has also decided to teach Jeno all that he's learned about the code of the samurai.

He's already taught him The Seven Virtues of the Samurai, and now he's teaching him how to utilize those lessons in battle. It was hard for Jeno at first, but he got used to the training very quickly.

He's mentioned to me that it's much stricter and harder than his ninja training, but he enjoys the challenge. He says it's a small price to pay to live up to Xiaojun's expectations, and that he's happy to pay that price.

"Xiaojun-hyung. You knew my parents right?"

Jeno suddenly inquired.

"Yes. They asked me to find you and protect you, before I left our clan. They also wanted me to teach you everything I knew, since I held a very high rank amongst the other shinobi"

Xiaojun explained.

"Were they worried about me?"

"Very worried. They were heartbroken that you left, but they were also happy. They were happy that you took it upon yourself to leave, in order to live the better life that you wanted"

"I see... What about your parents hyung?"

"I was a part of the search squad that was assigned to find you. However, we were given orders to annihilate you once we found you, for betraying the clan. I was the only one who was against that order. It wouldn't be fair for us to murder an innocent child who just wanted a happier life. My parents felt the same way, so they encouraged me to go after you alone, and keep you safe. They also knew my heart, and supported my desire to have a better life too. So they encouraged me to also follow my heart and leave, like you did. However, this meant that I could never return to them again. If I did, I would've been killed to for betraying direct orders. So, I left, even though I would miss them like hell..."