◸ ? ◿

-

"Thirty seconds until set"

The computerized voice alerted Renjun and the two twins, after he picked them up and placed them onto the teleportation pad.

Renjun then scurried around the lab, finding everything he's looking for and placing them in a bag.

He then immediately returns to the twins, and begins to give them instructions.

"Xinrei. Xinya. We don't have a lot of time, so I'll be quick. The eight of you must travel across the universe to multiple worlds to find all of my hero friends. That's the only way to help save Ethora. Only when you find them all are you allowed to come back. If you come back too soon, I know for sure that they'll kill all of you..."

Renjun then quickly put the bag on his back, buckling the strap over his chest.

"Rely on each other, and to be there for each other no matter what. That's the best way for you all to succeed and survive"

"B-But daddy... If Ethora is that dangerous now, why aren't you coming with us...?"

Xinya asked, gently tugging on Renjun's sleeve.

"My power might be enough to hold them off and stop the attacks, but I have to keep the eight of you out of danger first. This is the first real encounter with a major threat for all of you. None of you are ready to face what's behind that door right now. I want to ensure your safety before doing anything else, which is why I'm sending you away"

He rested one hand of each of their heads, and brought them in close.

"Listen carefully you two. Your first mission at the location the eight of you are going to, is to find and recruit my friends Stray Kids. After they're recruited, have them go inside the turtle and follow your tracker to the next location. Xinya, the turtle in your hand right now is a Stand user like us. Its Stand is that key lodged in its back. It acts as a safe room, and it can fit an infinite amount of people inside of it. Make sure the Xuefen and Junsung stay inside it, no matter what"

Xinya nodded at this information.

"Also, be sure to tell all of the heroes you'll meet that the two of you are my kids, and that rest are the other Fighting Dreamers' kids, to make things easier. It might take some persuasion, but they'll become great allies once you convince them"

"Teleportation device now ready"

The three were alerted, followed by the sounds of their possessed friends and family trying to break down the door.

"Listen to me you two. You're both the best gifts that your mother and I could've ever received. I know that you both have the power you'll need to keep yourselves and the others safe. I'll do the best that I can here, so don't you worry about me"

Renjun then kissed them on their foreheads, and brought them into a warm loving hug.

"I love you both, so very much..."

He then ran back over to the control unit, and prepared the teleporter further.

Xinrei's expression turned blank as he realized that this was reality. He realized that they were about to be separated from their father, and he started to panic.

"W-Wait a sec!"

Xinrei tried to run to Renjun to stop him, but he acted too late.

Renjun lowered the glass barrier down on the teleportation pad, trapping them inside. Xinrei banged on the glass, begging him not to send them away.

But Renjun just smiled at the two.

"I'm counting on you two, ok~?"

The door was finally broken down right after his statement.

Renjun wasted no time and pressed the button, and the two twins were now being teleported away.

"WAIT, DAD! PLEASE DON'T GO!"

Xinrei yelled, being teleported away with his sister immediately after.

Renjun didn't expect it at all, and he became sad. This was the first time Xinrei had called him that for two whole years.

A tear fell from his eye, before he wiped it away. He didn't have any time to be distracted, as he was now faced with his six possessed brothers.

Even though he didn't want to, he prepared himself to fight them, while also formulating a plan to save everyone once again.

"I saved you all once, and I'll do it again. I'll save you, no matter what it takes!"

-

This has been a sneak peak of Effect: The Next Generation~

I've been planning this sequel for months now. Now it's finally coming together and I'll begin to publish chapters soon~.

Effect may be completed now, but it's been such a pleasure writing this book. From the beginning to the end, I'm very thankful for all of your support.

I've had so many fun times with this book, and I hope to have more fun times with you all in the sequel~.

Until then, thank you for reading Effect, and I'm wholeheartedly glad that you all enjoyed it~.

❤️

-

END