▹89◃

"Remember Injun, don't hesitate to stop if you can't control it"

"Yeah..., I know"

Jeno stood in front on me with his hand in his pockets.

The seven of us were currently in the weight room. I wanted to see if I could try controlling my demonic powers again, so they agreed to supervise me.

I took a deep breath and slowly began to charge up my power, again.

After about a minute, a dark energy soon surrounded me.

"Good

"Good. You're doing great. Make sure that you keep your focus. I know that you can get past this point Injun"

Jeno calmly encouraged.

I smiled for a brief moment, and closed my eyes to refocus my attention on maintaining control. I felt the little painful spark I feel every time I get this far, but I ignored it and kept going.

I kept myself calm, and didn't think of anything else but control.

I'm tired of failing. I'm tired of Jeno having to knock me out every time I fail. And I'm tired of feeling like I'm getting nowhere with my powers.

It has to work. I need it to work. I need to make this power my own. I need to make everyone proud.

I need to face my true demon.

"You're doing really good Injunie~. Keep believing in yourself~"

Jeno happily cheered.

I pushed myself a little harder, and I felt myself absorbing the power.

"He's doing it...!"

I heard Jisung gasp.

"Injun, be sure to stop when you feel like you've completely absorbed your power. Don't go over that limit"

Jeno informed me, and I softly nodded as to not worry him.

I soon felt the dark energy completely cover me. I know they started to worry a little, but I think I'm doing fine.

My body soon started feeling heavy as the remaining bits of power flooded into me. I let out a small sigh after feeling the last bit of power enter me, and I made the dark energy around me disappear.

They all stayed silent, so I kept my eyes closed. I was scared that all of that did nothing and I still looked the same. I stood still, waiting for them to speak the agonizing truth.

"Injunie....."

"Y-Yeah...?"

I warily answered, afraid of what Jeno was about to say.

"......Y-You did it~!"

My eyes shot open from his response.