PART ONE: Chapter 1

2018

Saint Royalty Smith
October 4th, 5:00am, Thursday
I looked at myself in the mirror, making sure I looked good. Today I was starting my last year in a new high school. Again.

I done failed last year. A nigga was supposed to be in college by now. I wasn't taking my school work too seriously.

Basketball is what occupied my mind almost 24/7. But if I wanted to get drafted in the NBA, I had to at least have a good track record. Right?

My dad always said I wouldn't amount to anything.
The only nigga I had in my life that was supposed to support me, didn't.

He told me making it into the NBA would be a long shot. That was the shit that discouraged me. But on the other hand, my moms supported me.

I wished she was the one who had custody of me when they divorced. I probably would've been in college by now.

I picked out a shirt from my dresser. I put it on, grabbing my keys and my book bag. I struggled to get out of my apartment, stepping over all my boxes and junk.

I finally moved out of my dads place and got a crib of my own on the side of town I used to live in. I worked hard to get this apartment.

Them checks at the rec center where I worked, weren't that valid so of course my moms pitched in and helped me out.

I ran down the stairs of my apartment building. Looking for my car. It was in my favorite parking spot too. Directly in front of my building.

I clicked the button on my car keys, opening the door. I got in my car, speeding down the block like I always did.

When I stopped at a red light, I reached into my glove compartment. I pulled out one of my pre-rolled blunts and my lighter.

I lit the blunt, putting it in between my lips. Once it was lit, I took a puff. I threw my lighter back in my glove compartment and closed it.

I needed something to calm my nerves for school today. Incase someone tried to test me today for being the quiet nigga that I am, I could be chill about it.

The light turned green and I sped off in the distance.
***
Cassie Davis
5:45pm
I woke up in a daze. I couldn't figure out what had happened last night. I looked around trying to figure out where I was.

Then I realized I was in Mickel's bed. My boyfriend. I immediately checked my self, making sure I was still dressed.

I had on the same outfit I wore yesterday. I prayed we didn't fool around last night. Only the lord knew that I wanted to stay virgin for as long as possible.

I looked around and realized Mickel had not been next to me. Only his phone laid on his pillow.

The door was cracked and I could see that across the hall, he was in his bathroom with the water running.

I quietly inched my hand towards his phone in attempt to go through it. I knew his password from looking at the reflection in his eyes once. He didn't know that.

I just wanted to know if he was being loyal or not. We'd been dating for about 4 years and he'd never let me touch his phone.

My heart raced as I slowly but the 6-digit code in his phone. Just as I hit the last number, I felt someone snatch the phone from my hands.

"Didn't know you were up Cass." He huffed, scrolling through his phone and opening apps. I saw from the reflection in his eyes that he was changing his phone password.

"A good morning would have been nice." I sighed.

"Cassidy, I'm not in the mood for any arguments this morning. You shouldn't have been caught trying to go through my phone." He mumbled.

"Why are you talking to me like I'm five? I'm seventeen Mickel." I said.

"Look babe." He said, sitting down on the bed.

"Let's not do this, this morning. Ok?" He said seductively leaning in close and using his thumb to graze my bottom lip.

He kissed my lips, making me slightly forget everything that just happened.

I pulled away. He got up, walking over to his dresser looking for what he was going to wear to school today.

I took a deep breath, grabbing my socks off the floor. Only God knew how much I loved Mickel. But for 4 whole years, he seemed sketchy to me.

My friends said I had nothing to worry about. They told me "at least he fine, girl. That's all that matters."

And like a dummy, I listened to them. There was more than just looks that mattered in a relationship and trust was something we were lacking.

"Your dropping me home? Right?" I asked.

"Yeah baby no doubt." He said, spritzing his favorite cologne on.

I hated when he wore that cologne. It made him smell like a fuck boy. The hoes always seemed to love it too. It made me cringe.

I put my socks on, grabbing my brown UGG boots and my purple hoodie from off the floor. I slid my boots on and zipped up my hoodie halfway. Then I picked up my purse, putting it on my left shoulder.

"I'm ready" I yawned.

We left the house, hopping into his car. The seat was adjusted to fit someone taller than me.

"Damn who sat here?" I commented.

"One of my homies." He shrugged.

"Ah." I nodded.

We then drove off, on our way to my house.
***
I knocked on my door. I heard someone come downstairs. My mom opened the door.

"Hey." I sighed, brushing past her to hurry upstairs and get ready.

She didn't even acknowledge me. She went right to Mickel who had stood behind me.

"Oh hey Mickel." My mom squealed.

She actually liked this particular boyfriend that I had. Not only was it because he was good looking but he also had more money than us.

We had money, but his dad was the CEO of Pepsi. He made billions. Thats why Mickel lived in this huge house and drove a Tesla to school everyday.

My mom, she started her own perfume company back when my dad was alive. That's why we live in the house that we do today.

I heard my mom and Mickel converse as I hopped in the shower. From what I heard, she let him in and  they were now sitting in the living room.

It was too early for my mothers fake laughs and corny jokes to try and impress Mickel. It was tiring.

After my shower, I threw on a cute little outfit, leaving the house with Mickel.

"Bye mommy!" I shouted as Mickel and I walked to his car, parked across the street.

"Bye Mrs. Davis." He smiled, waving at my mom.

I hopped in his passenger seat and like that, we were on our way to school.

***
How'd y'all like it?🙃
Remember this is only the beginning. So it's gonna take time for things to get spicy🔥
Anyways
Comment💬
Vote💕