Chapter 31

I'm back🥰
***
Cassie Davis
My mind could barely process what had happened back in the school parking lot. Everything was a blur. Fists were being thrown, I tried to pull Saint back, Keone tried to separate Mickel and Saint, everything was just crazy.

I sat in Saints moms living room, sitting on his lap, cleaning the blood off of his lip with a warm washcloth. Slow, quiet music played in the background and no words were spoken.

He gave me a look, puckering his lips. I leaned in kissing him for the millionth time. Then I continued wiping the blood off of his lip. He hissed when I pressed down too hard on his wound.

"Cassie your an amazing person." Both Saint and I heard from behind us.

I turned around and so did Saint.

"Taking care of my son the way you do. Never seen anything like it." Smiled Ms. Smith.

"T-thank you ma'am." I said, almost unable to speak.

"Yeah Cassie's the best." Saint smiled, wrapping his free arm around my waist.

"Never seen him smile like that." Ms. Smith grinned.

"Ma, you cappin' I always got a smile on my face." Saint smiled in confusion.

His mom walked out of the room. "That boy don't ever listen" she chuckled under her breath.

Saint and I turned our heads back around, laughing at his moms remark.

"You alright?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm straight. Mickel isn't though" He joked.

"Yeah that's tuff for him. I ain't think you were gonna whoop his ass like that." I sighed, sucking air through my teeth.

"I'm sorry you had to cancel that lil get together you had tonight with your team." Saint apologized.

"Why are you apologizing?" I asked. "You think I care about them more than you? It was just going to be pointless gossip."

"Yeah, you right." Saint huffed.

"And what was real fucked up about this entire situation was that Harper,  Mickel's supposed hype women, dipped after you threw the first punch" I laughed.

"Exactly. I don't know why niggas is mad. He cheated on you and Harper just some crazy ass bitch." Saint spoke.

"Exactly." I agreed taking a deep breath, hopping up from Saints lap and walking over to the bathroom right next to the living room.

"Now I'm finna take a shower." Saint said, stretching his limbs and letting out a screech.

I rinsed out the blood stained washcloth, talking from the bathroom door.

"Yeah, I think I'm gonna go home and take one too. But I'll be right back." I sighed.

"Aii." He said. But his voice was surprisingly closer to where I was. I rang the rag out, turning around, to see Saint stand at the bathroom door with no shirt on.

I looked up at him biting my lip. His eyes pierced into mine as he grabbed me by my butt, pulling me closer to him. Our chests collided and he gave me a passionate kiss on my lips, pulling back.

"Hurry back and get yo ass over here." He mumbled.

Leaving me out of breath, he let go of me, walking up the stairs. My heart pounded through my chest. Saint was always putting me in cardiac arrest and it never failed.

***
10:00pm
I rang on Saints, moms doorbell. His moms car had not been in the driveway either. Saint opened the door for me, holding it and watching me walk in.