Chapter 110

My 2nd baby daddy went on my ig and commented on my post again🥺 ima cry. But anyways I got saints POV from a that's so Raven episode and an in living color skit.💀 let's see if y'all remember which one.
***
Cassie Davis
Following Christin, Kai and my mom into the courtroom, I took a deep breath. I chewed mint gum to calm my nerves and listened to the sounds of me and Christins heels clacking against the floor.

I held Kairi in my arms while she acted hella fussy, making me even more nervous than before. And this was only day one, we were gonna be here for at least 2 or 3 more days.

I didn't know why I was nervous. Courtrooms just gave me the creeps. I done watched too many episodes of Law & Order so I knew the type of shit they discussed in this exact room. Murder trials, rape trials, robbery's, all types of shit.

Entering the room, it was already so intimidating. I couldn't imagine having to testify against Wade. Sitting in the witness chair, in front of the judge, in front of a room full of people so quiet you could hear someone swallow their spit.

I had anxiety just thinking bout it. I wished Saint was here with me but he was back home doing God knows what. But, I was happy I was only here to support my mom. I didn't have to speak or stand up, just watch, listen, and exchange looks with her every so often.

Christin and I took a seat in the back of the room while my mom and Kai sat upfront where all of the action was. It was quiet as hell. As I took a look around the room everyone looked so serious.

The jurors looked miserable like they ain't wanna be here at all. The police officers looked tired, the judge hadn't arrived yet and everyone else was just getting here and taking their positions.

I looked over at Christin, raising my eyebrows.

"This is scary as hell." I whispered.

"It's gone be over soon. Don't even trip." She assured me, waving me off.

"I hope so." I sighed.

Putting the baby's pacifier in her mouth, I patted her butt and watched as she started to fall asleep.

A few moments went by before the Kai's friend walked into the room with her parents. I watched as the little girl held her head down seemingly embarrassed.

Her parents looked upset. Like they didn't want to be here any less than everyone else did. I watched the looks exchanged between my mom and her parents. They looked embarrassed and my mom just grilled them.

I could already feel the tension in the room. They sat on the other side of my mom and Kai while continuing their little stare down.

My mom was the type to throw that mug her lawyer had full of coffee across the room out of aggravation. If they didn't stop giving each other looks like this, sum was bound to happen.

Then the judge entered the room.

"All rise." One of the police officers demanded, looking around.

Everyone in the room stood, giving the judge her respect until she sat in her seat.

"Good Morning." She said, clearing her throat. The entire courtroom said good morning to her in unison. Then she spoke again. "Bring in the accused." She demanded, shuffling through pages on her panel.